Mind Power by Mary Brunini McArdle

Tell us what you thought of the December 2007 issue.

Moderator: Editors

CCC

Senior Critic

Post January 31, 2008, 05:03:25 AM

Mind Power by Mary Brunini McArdle

I didn't see a topic for this story, so I started one.

It's an interesting concept, neatly handled from several points of view; the mechanism for how Earth gets lost is hardly mentioned, which is good as the focus of the story is on what happens to those few people who witness the event and going into too much detail would detract from that. Why so many animals came through and so few humans is odd, but it fits the story; I am curious as to where exactly everyone else went while the Earth was gone (although I suspect that the answer to that is that, for them, the Earth was never really gone...)

Commenter

Post February 19, 2008, 01:01:00 PM

Re: Mind Power by Mary Brunini McArdle

It's an interesting concept, neatly handled from several points of view; the mechanism for how Earth gets lost is hardly mentioned, which is good as the focus of the story is on what happens to those few people who witness the event and going into too much detail would detract from that. Why so many animals came through and so few humans is odd, but it fits the story; I am curious as to where exactly everyone else went while the Earth was gone (although I suspect that the answer to that is that, for them, the Earth was never really gone...)

Commenter

Post February 19, 2008, 01:07:08 PM

Commenter

Post February 19, 2008, 01:08:47 PM

Not many animals came through or there would have been hundreds of lonely dogs on the streets or highway--I like your idea about the Earth never really being gone for the other people--isn't it neat what you can do with fantasy?

Return to December 2007