A Matter of Urgency by Robert Moriyama

Tell us what you think about the August Issue

Moderator: Editors

Post August 29, 2004, 05:52:29 PM

Re: A Matter of Urgency by Robert Moriyama

gr8 story, but yeah - 'a matter of urgency'? I love the conversations between Al and Janine/Githros, and you surpassed yourself on this one with dialog. <br><br>PS A challenge! See if you can plug your own work with every post. Advance interest in Prufock's story has definitely been generated.

Editor Emeritus

Post August 29, 2004, 06:38:28 PM

Re: A Matter of Urgency by Robert Moriyam.

gr8 story, but yeah - 'a matter of urgency'?
<br>Hey, you try coming up with a "Matter" or "Matters" title and tying it into the story somehow. As I said in another post, 'urgency' refers to the speed spell and Janine and Billy in peril and ... not buying, it, huh? Rassumfrassumarglegrmph.<br><br>
PS A challenge! See if you can plug your own work with every post. Advance interest in Prufock's story has definitely been generated.
<br><br>I didn't mention my stuff in my comments on March to Motherhood? Damn, I'm slipping!<br><br>Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Critic

Post September 11, 2004, 09:47:59 AM

I didn't mention my stuff in my comments on March to Motherhood?  Damn, I'm slipping!
<br><br>Bad, Robert, Bad. 1000 lashes with a wet noodle.<br><br>(Doing my best to get the next star AND have my name showing as the last message poster in that month :) )<br><br>Kevin<br>

Editor Emeritus

Post September 11, 2004, 11:44:10 AM

(Doing my best to get the next star AND have my name showing as the last message poster in that month :) )
<br>Good plan, but it's so easy for someone to come along and put their name after yours. :)<br><br>Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Critic

Post September 11, 2004, 12:23:19 PM

Good plan, but it's so easy for someone to come along and put their name after yours
<br><br>True, but I do have April, May, June, July, and as of this message, August again :P Today the months, tommorrow, Administrivia, bwaa haa haa haa.<br><br>Maybe by posting this, it will get people to continue reading and commenting on the other months hehe.<br><br><br>Kevin<br><br>

Editor Emeritus

Post September 11, 2004, 01:36:24 PM

True, but I do have April, May, June, July, and as of this message, August again :P Today the months, tommorrow, Administrivia, bwaa haa haa haa.
<br>Fame is fleeting. :)<br><br>Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Editor Emeritus

Post September 11, 2004, 08:42:17 PM

Fame is fleeting. :)

Nate
<br><br>Boys! Boys! If you don't settle down, I'm turning this topic around and we are going straight home!<br><br>Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Critic

Post January 03, 2005, 10:35:41 PM

Re: A Matter of Urgency by Robert Moriyama

Will this be noticed floating down here???<br><br>I recently read Black Easter by James Blish and was instantly reminded of this series. Robert, have you read it? It too is a story of modern magic, mostly concerning the control or lack thereof of demons and other religious entities. And I'd also recommend it to Nate. It'd be sure to satisfy your appetite for the senses being included. Here everything is described in minute details down to smells and the arrangement of every last thing in a room. But it isn't mundane, these are no ordinary things being described but objects of magic and a bunch of interesting and intellegent but flawed characters. The sequel 'The day after judgement' is also great but moves away from the slow desriptive build up to more of a typical pulp-type scenario following from a large magic experiment gone wrong, or at least, too right.<br><br>That's it, just a thought.
[img width=40 height=40]http://www.ozscififorum.com/100_010.jpeg[/img] Greg Guerin
[hr]
[url=http://www.ozscififorum.com:2tvavb2m]Australian Science Fiction Forum[/url:2tvavb2m]
Previous

Return to August 2004