(sort of...) Curfew in Italy...

Feedback to the editors about the zine not relating to any specific issue.

Moderator: Editors

Master Critic

Post March 10, 2020, 05:14:00 AM

(sort of...) Curfew in Italy...

I have known, since yesterday night that in my country, effective today as our Government stated, we’ll have a sort of Curfew in Italy, because of the further spreading of the virus…

People are allowed to go out of home only for three reasons:

-For going to workplace and to be back after that ( by means of self-certifcation…);
-For serious reasons ( like going to buy food…);
-And also for medical reasons ( like going to the hospital, the medic, etc.).

So, this is the way our politicians think this situation will be stopped, along with the virus itself…

Will it be working? We don’t know yet, but this way there will be less and less social contacts (other than by closing/stopping the cinemas, theatres, public events, pubs, restaurants, concerts, etc. ), and less and less means for a further spreading of the virus among the citizens of course…

This is for now in Italy, until April…

Well, at home I have lots of Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror dvds to watch, other than internet webseries, so time will goes by easily, in a way, other than by writing, and by working in the office indeed…eh,eh

Bye for now,

Long Fiction Editor

Post March 10, 2020, 11:39:24 AM

Re: (sort of...) Curfew in Italy...

Thanks for the news, and I'm glad you're well and not too inconvenienced.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Master Critic

Post March 10, 2020, 09:36:44 PM

if you need hand-sanitizer or toilet paper, I can sell you some at a discounted price of $5000 a bottle for the sanitizer and $3000 for a case of toilet paper... anyone charging higher for such is just taking advantage of the situation.

and on a positive side, instead of being in Italy you could instead be trapped on a cruise ship filled with obese American tourists grumpy that the all-you-can eat buffet now only has bacon flavored croutons and bottled water while they smolder in a virus filled environment.

on a serious note, keep safe.

Master Critic

Post March 11, 2020, 03:37:23 AM

and on a positive side, instead of being in Italy you could instead be trapped on a cruise ship filled with obese...

Very funny, indeed...eh,eh...it's happening worldwide, as a matter of fact, and many tourists from several countries that like that sort of sea trips are undergoing a very bad vacation that they are not going to forget too easily, unfortunately...this is sad, and unexpected...but, if you believe this sort of things, the years ending with the 20s, over the course of the last centuries, didn't seem to bring good luck...

The theory goes like this:

1720 – The Great Plague of Marseille – this was the last significant European outbreak of the bubonic plague. It killed a total of 100,000 people in the city of Marseille, France;

1820 – The First Cholera Pandemic – By 1820, cholera had spread to Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines. At least, 30,000 deaths known;

(1918)-1920 - End of the Spanish flu, with possibly more than 100,000,000 (100 millions…) dead worldwide;

2020 – the damn' CoronaVirus: 4,027 dead worldwide (as of yesterday), and counting….

Of course, on a more serious note, we all hope that things will be better in a few weeks, but nobody can be sure about it nowadays... :shock:

Return to Administrivia