We have a go:New project titled "Fantastical Savannahs an."

Writing challenges, flash fiction, interesting anecdotes, amusements, and general miscellanea.

Moderator: Editors

Master Critic

Post May 15, 2018, 06:39:04 AM

We have a go:New project titled "Fantastical Savannahs an."

For anyone interested, and as a sort of pre-call for submissions for the members of this Forum/Magazine, here I post some interesting news:

We have a go, as they say at Nasa...The new project of a Fantasy Anthology, titled "Fantastical Savannahs and Jungles", to be edited by Michele DUTCHER, by myself and Gavin Chappell will be published in 2018/2019 by British Rogue Planet Press, an imprint of Horrified Press.

Savannahs: widely spaced areas full of strange, unusual herbivorous animals and other ferocious predators, be they beasts or wild human plunderers, characterized by seasonal water availability, in a sort of Fantasy African-like setting; Jungles: lands covered with dense vegetation, full of trees and, at times, of ancient ruins of lost, or hidden, peoples, set in Fantasy sceneries that stimulate our fancy.

For example,
...several towns of the Dead almost forgotten that force the predestined researchers to meet supernatural beings along the way before getting to the fabled [____________] - if ever; unusual colorful fruit whose healing properties are so respected that would easily convince desperate people to try their best to find and take them wherever they may be; and many more strange, perilous creatures who inhabit these interesting and very characteristic worlds of fancy full of strange plants and trees, where experience, readiness and personal skills make the difference between life and death, once the beat of unknown dangerous wings - not identified on time…- at your back, or in the sky, might mean that you could never react and properly protect yourself…

So, what do You think of it all? What is Your opinion about such possible project?

Also this new Anthology will have a wonderful cover ( and a back-cover) by American author/illustrator John "DavidsonHero" ROSE and many beautiful drawings, in black and white, as internal art, one per each story, by Davide “Atog” MARESCOTTI and his wife Sara (who will soon be drawing many illustrations for the new edition of Cthulhu RPG Manual by Raven Distribution here in Italy…).

More news soon of course...

:D

Master Critic

Post May 15, 2018, 08:16:51 AM

Re: We have a go:New project titled "Fantastical Savannahs

Sounds interesting.
Tesla Lives!!!

Long Fiction Editor

Post May 15, 2018, 05:30:00 PM

What kind of word count are you looking for? Is there a submission guideline page somewhere?
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Master Critic

Post May 16, 2018, 04:56:17 AM

Well, we thought of a word count limit just like in the previous Anthology, between 2,000 and 10,000 words overall...

The Submission Guidelines will be posted here at first, and then on Horrified Press site, soon, of course...eh,eh :D

Editor Emeritus

Post May 24, 2018, 05:38:30 AM

Story-Art combo books can be magnificent ... the pioneer from the 1890's is escaping my mind at this tired hour...

And if limits of frailty to not take me down, I do believe I might be interested! For another day, comments on the gossamer nature of words online, but paper print books last "this side of forever", and are starting to make a comeback!

And I do also believe tying this into my health studies by necessity, the long delay time is to my favor, if only time does not pass as quickly as "February became June" this year!

:shock:

These other countries worth of influnces are starting to enter my recreational range, and then the Fantasy Spin upon it all...

Sounds grand!

Editor Emeritus

Post May 24, 2018, 05:44:19 AM

Dan And WebMaven needed!

Alert!

I intended to just do a quote, and something went wrong, and the original post became tangled!

I am disturbed that anyone can edit another post, and it must be from my status. It was supposed to be a standard reply with part of a quote!

But now the top post is affected!

So my apologies, and I need help reverting it! Then this note can be removed as needed for posterity!

Senior Editor

Post June 03, 2018, 05:38:22 PM

Re: Dan And WebMaven needed!

TaoPhoenix wrote:I am disturbed that anyone can edit another post, and it must be from my status.

It happened because you have Forums Admin access. So Admins have to be extremely careful when they are using the boards. But rest assured that regular members of the Forum can't edit one another's posts.

We've been trying to get me Admin status for months, but haven't managed it yet, LOL!

Dan
"Extremely difficult- Virtually impossible- However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..."
Brice Linch - Max Headroom

Master Critic

Post June 03, 2018, 05:55:30 PM

I like the idea of an African-type setting on distant worlds. Who knows what lurks out there except the animals that inhabit such a place! They might be strange to us, and we might be just a strange to them. Lost worlds---I'm sure the universe is full of them. I'm interested!
Tesla Lives!!!

Master Critic

Post June 06, 2018, 08:31:39 AM

I’m only giving You some easy hints about this…

Submission guidelines: Please include your name, address, e-mail address, the title of your story and its word count in your covering e-mail. Please submit your manuscript as a *.rtf or *.doc file (all other formats will automatically be rejected. Contact us prior to submitting if this presents an issue for you.)

Font and formatting: Please submit in Times New Roman, 12 point font; single line spacing. Please format the document to 1st line indentation of 1″. The page margin should be set to .1″ on all sides.

No headers, footers or page numbers.

Please check grammar.

Upon acceptance into the Anthology, we ask that Horrified Press holds exclusive publishing rights for one year from the date of publication; after that date has passed, all intellectual property rights revert to the author with the proviso that Horrified Press retains distribution rights in the format of the contracted Anthology.

This title will be available as an e-book and trade quality paperback.

Michele “bottomdweller”, as main Editor, Gavin CHAPPELL and Sergio “ente per ente” PALUMBO, as co-editor, will be presiding over this Anthology.

The title will be published by Rogue Planet Press, an Imprint of Horrified Press, under the supervision of Gavin Chappell.

Email your submission as an attachment to: associazione (AT) lacenturia.it

The email subject line must read “SUBMISSION— FANTASTICAL SAVANNAHS AND JUNGLES– ‘your story title’” or your submission will not be considered for this Anthology.

Successful applicants will be notified before the deadline has expired, or as soon as possible.

Cover ( and Back-cover) Art: by John “DavidsonHero” Rose.

There may well be some beautiful Fantasy African-like themed black and white illustrations lurking on the inside as well, art by Davide “Atog” MARESCOTTI and Sara DELLACASA.

Waiting for Your reply and for Your best-ever-entries, of course, :D :D :D

Editor Emeritus

Post June 06, 2018, 01:16:31 PM

What is the deadline? I missed it if it was listed above.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Master Critic

Post June 07, 2018, 02:05:12 AM

I think that we will put online : Until filled...but it will be filled in a few months, I think...eh,eh

For a few selected authors, we'll also accept short-stories that are as long as 10,000 words, this way extending a bit the word limit... :wink:

But the general word limit should be within 3,500- 8,000 words... :) :D

Master Critic

Post June 25, 2018, 04:14:34 AM

The official Call for Submissions for this Fantasy Anthology has been put online on Rogue Planet Press/Horrified Press site, as follows:

https://horrifiedpress.wordpress.com/op ... bmissions/

:D :D :D

Editor Emeritus

Post July 09, 2018, 09:53:58 AM

Megawatts wrote:I like the idea of an African-type setting on distant worlds. Who knows what lurks out there except the animals that inhabit such a place! They might be strange to us, and we might be just a strange to them. Lost worlds---I'm sure the universe is full of them. I'm interested!

Africa is just starting to enter my Writer's Radar too!

Some very rough pre-alpha level brief notes for y'all"

- African folk stories are starting to show up in both children's and remedial reading programs
- Ghana is nudging the first few steps to try to become noticed in parts of the world scene
- I've used portions of mystical traditions in my growth studies for 25 years, but this year African influences might be interleaved
- Chess Grandmaster Hikaru Nakamura is doing some chess outrerach-educational promotion work of chess in Africa, taking on a couple of students, givin g a couple of publicity chances for those players to play a real elite chess legend, and I think one of the African chess federations is trying to do a part to slowly help reduce chess political administration corruption!

Return to Fun and Games