We have a go:New project titled "Fantastical Savannahs an."

Writing challenges, flash fiction, interesting anecdotes, amusements, and general miscellanea.

Moderator: Editors

Master Critic

Post May 15, 2018, 06:39:04 AM

We have a go:New project titled "Fantastical Savannahs an."

For anyone interested, and as a sort of pre-call for submissions for the members of this Forum/Magazine, here I post some interesting news:

We have a go, as they say at Nasa...The new project of a Fantasy Anthology, titled "Fantastical Savannahs and Jungles", to be edited by Michele DUTCHER, by myself and Gavin Chappell will be published in 2018/2019 by British Rogue Planet Press, an imprint of Horrified Press.

Savannahs: widely spaced areas full of strange, unusual herbivorous animals and other ferocious predators, be they beasts or wild human plunderers, characterized by seasonal water availability, in a sort of Fantasy African-like setting; Jungles: lands covered with dense vegetation, full of trees and, at times, of ancient ruins of lost, or hidden, peoples, set in Fantasy sceneries that stimulate our fancy.

For example,
...several towns of the Dead almost forgotten that force the predestined researchers to meet supernatural beings along the way before getting to the fabled [____________] - if ever; unusual colorful fruit whose healing properties are so respected that would easily convince desperate people to try their best to find and take them wherever they may be; and many more strange, perilous creatures who inhabit these interesting and very characteristic worlds of fancy full of strange plants and trees, where experience, readiness and personal skills make the difference between life and death, once the beat of unknown dangerous wings - not identified on time…- at your back, or in the sky, might mean that you could never react and properly protect yourself…

So, what do You think of it all? What is Your opinion about such possible project?

Also this new Anthology will have a wonderful cover ( and a back-cover) by American author/illustrator John "DavidsonHero" ROSE and many beautiful drawings, in black and white, as internal art, one per each story, by Davide “Atog” MARESCOTTI and his wife Sara (who will soon be drawing many illustrations for the new edition of Cthulhu RPG Manual by Raven Distribution here in Italy…).

More news soon of course...

:D

Master Critic

Post May 15, 2018, 08:16:51 AM

Re: We have a go:New project titled "Fantastical Savannahs

Sounds interesting.
Tesla Lives!!!

Long Fiction Editor

Post May 15, 2018, 05:30:00 PM

What kind of word count are you looking for? Is there a submission guideline page somewhere?
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Master Critic

Post May 16, 2018, 04:56:17 AM

Well, we thought of a word count limit just like in the previous Anthology, between 2,000 and 10,000 words overall...

The Submission Guidelines will be posted here at first, and then on Horrified Press site, soon, of course...eh,eh :D

Editor Emeritus

Post May 24, 2018, 05:38:30 AM

Story-Art combo books can be magnificent ... the pioneer from the 1890's is escaping my mind at this tired hour...

And if limits of frailty to not take me down, I do believe I might be interested! For another day, comments on the gossamer nature of words online, but paper print books last "this side of forever", and are starting to make a comeback!

And I do also believe tying this into my health studies by necessity, the long delay time is to my favor, if only time does not pass as quickly as "February became June" this year!

:shock:

These other countries worth of influnces are starting to enter my recreational range, and then the Fantasy Spin upon it all...

Sounds grand!

Editor Emeritus

Post May 24, 2018, 05:44:19 AM

Dan And WebMaven needed!

Alert!

I intended to just do a quote, and something went wrong, and the original post became tangled!

I am disturbed that anyone can edit another post, and it must be from my status. It was supposed to be a standard reply with part of a quote!

But now the top post is affected!

So my apologies, and I need help reverting it! Then this note can be removed as needed for posterity!

Return to Fun and Games