May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise


Writing challenges, flash fiction, interesting anecdotes, amusements, and general miscellanea.

Moderator: Editors

Critic

Posts: 199

Joined: July 10, 2016, 11:34:19 AM

Post May 11, 2018, 11:39:14 PM

May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

The Write Your Own Flash Premise Contest
Conceived and Inspired by Megawatts


The Premise:

Do you have a story in you that has been waiting to come out? This is your chance. You can write any story you want as long as you abide by the general rules below.

The story material must be G rated.


The Rules:

Note: The rules have been updated and modified so read carefully.

01. Word Count: Stories submitted must be under 1,000 words.

02. Rating: Keep all material G rated for (General Audiences). No sex, foul language or violent acts.

03. Genre Choice: There are two ways to choose your genre:

A.) As a single genre, your genre choice must be either Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror ...or...

B.) You may mix "any" genre with one of these main three.

(Example: Fantasy/Romance, Comedy/Horror, Science Fiction/Adventure etc.

04. Formatting: Only bold or italics formatting can be used in a story. Block your paragraphs without indenting using a space between each paragraph. No images allowed in the contest topics.

05. No one may post any creative material into the contest topics including stories or story excerpts. All creative material must be posted by the moderator.

06. Feel free to comment on the stories or general writing subjects within the contest topics throughout the story writing and voting time periods.

07. If you have something unfavorable to say about a story, make it constructive, so the author can benefit from your viewpoint and insight.

08. Never speak negative about the authors themselves.


Timelines

The writing period will begin on Saturday May 12, 2018 and will end on Saturday May 19, 2018.

The reading and voting period will begin on Sunday May 20, 2018 and end on Saturday May 26, 2018.

The results will be posted after the voting has concluded.


"The Write Your Own Flash Contest Premise" begins...now.

Critic

Posts: 199

Joined: July 10, 2016, 11:34:19 AM

Post May 13, 2018, 08:00:24 AM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

The 1st story is already in and accepted.

We now have 7 days for entries in the "Write Your Own Premise" flash writing contest. You can't get an easier softball pitch than this one.

Critic

Posts: 199

Joined: July 10, 2016, 11:34:19 AM

Post May 14, 2018, 02:15:35 PM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

5 1/2 days remaining for story submissions. This should be good.
User avatar

Master Critic

Posts: 1214

Joined: September 18, 2009, 05:02:54 AM

Location: Italy

Post May 15, 2018, 03:31:54 AM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

Without some strict rules to follow, this might be difficult...too many ideas on my mind and a sigle choice to be made...we'll see what will be the first one I'll come to terms to write it down anyway...eh,eh :D
User avatar

Master Critic

Posts: 1214

Joined: September 18, 2009, 05:02:54 AM

Location: Italy

Post May 15, 2018, 05:55:36 AM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

Ok, done! I'll be sending my entry in soon, after the usual reviews/suggestions, of course...eh,eh :D

Master Critic

Posts: 832

Joined: December 31, 1969, 08:00:00 PM

Location: Johnstown, Pa.

Post May 15, 2018, 08:19:28 AM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

I'm still musing over one----- should start it today.
Tesla Lives!!!

Critic

Posts: 199

Joined: July 10, 2016, 11:34:19 AM

Post May 15, 2018, 11:54:41 AM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

ente per ente wrote:Without some strict rules to follow, this might be difficult...too many ideas on my mind and a sigle choice to be made...we'll see what will be the first one I'll come to terms to write it down anyway...eh,eh :D

Yes, I can see how puzzling coming up with a concept, writing a first draft, spell checking and finishing a flash story is for you. So it took you 2 1/2 hours you say?
User avatar

Master Critic

Posts: 1214

Joined: September 18, 2009, 05:02:54 AM

Location: Italy

Post May 16, 2018, 04:47:29 AM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

Actually, as in the office, I need to work under strict rules, in a way...all the same, for a story, if there is no limit to the subject or no specific theme to be followed, there are too wide spaces for fancy to move and roam, and no need to really focus on something to be completed...and I could end up with nothing, or too much, with problems about what to choose...eh,eh :D

Anyway, mine was sent in today...a funny one, maybe...

Critic

Posts: 199

Joined: July 10, 2016, 11:34:19 AM

Post May 16, 2018, 03:08:28 PM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

ente per ente wrote:Actually, as in the office, I need to work under strict rules, in a way...all the same, for a story, if there is no limit to the subject or no specific theme to be followed, there are too wide spaces for fancy to move and roam, and no need to really focus on something to be completed...and I could end up with nothing, or too much, with problems about what to choose...eh,eh :D

Anyway, mine was sent in today...a funny one, maybe...

Okay I see, you need structure. I understand. I'll think about that!

Critic

Posts: 199

Joined: July 10, 2016, 11:34:19 AM

Post May 17, 2018, 07:34:14 AM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

3 remaining days to submit a story for this contest. The premise is yours to create.

Critic

Posts: 199

Joined: July 10, 2016, 11:34:19 AM

Post May 18, 2018, 05:01:53 PM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

Just 1 1/2 days left to write your "own premise story" and get it in. Don't wait to the last minute.

Master Critic

Posts: 832

Joined: December 31, 1969, 08:00:00 PM

Location: Johnstown, Pa.

Post May 18, 2018, 11:29:22 PM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

Working on one!
Tesla Lives!!!

Master Critic

Posts: 832

Joined: December 31, 1969, 08:00:00 PM

Location: Johnstown, Pa.

Post May 18, 2018, 11:29:23 PM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

Got one in!!
Last edited by Megawatts on May 19, 2018, 11:06:10 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Lives!!!

Commenter

Posts: 3

Joined: May 19, 2018, 04:09:47 AM

Location: India

Post May 19, 2018, 04:14:11 AM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

Would love to participate. But, where to submit? Any guidance would be gratefully received by this newbie.

Master Critic

Posts: 832

Joined: December 31, 1969, 08:00:00 PM

Location: Johnstown, Pa.

Post May 19, 2018, 10:14:26 AM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

Just read the requirements, then send it in to jim Statton on his PM. Click on Jim Statton, when his site comes up enter May flash fiction 2ed in the subject then paste your piece under it. We really enjoy new members, you'll find Aphelion a great place with everybody friendly and very helpful!
Tesla Lives!!!

Critic

Posts: 199

Joined: July 10, 2016, 11:34:19 AM

Post May 19, 2018, 10:35:09 AM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

Varad LERT wrote:Would love to participate. But, where to submit? Any guidance would be gratefully received by this newbie.

Yikes! I left off how to submit a story instructions in The Premise of this contest. I am so sorry.

I've got to make a check list to follow before posting contests.

To submit is simple. Click on my name in blue at the top of this post. On the next page, click on the words, "Send Private Message". On the final page is where you post. Type something in the heading and post your story in the body of the word processor, then click submit.

Follow the rules in the premise post above and you want have any problems.

Can you get something in by tonight?

Glad to have you involved.

Commenter

Posts: 3

Joined: May 19, 2018, 04:09:47 AM

Location: India

Post May 19, 2018, 02:48:17 PM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

Thank you for the answers and the warm welcome, Megawatts and Jim. I'm glad to have found aphelion. I just submitted my entry. Hope I'm not too late. Thanks again.

Editor Emeritus

Posts: 2489

Joined: December 31, 1969, 08:00:00 PM

Location: Mass, USA

Post May 24, 2018, 04:27:46 AM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

Jim Statton wrote:
ente per ente wrote:Actually, as in the office, I need to work under strict rules, in a way...all the same, for a story, if there is no limit to the subject or no specific theme to be followed, there are too wide spaces for fancy to move and roam, and no need to really focus on something to be completed...and I could end up with nothing, or too much, with problems about what to choose...eh,eh :D

Anyway, mine was sent in today...a funny one, maybe...

Okay I see, you need structure. I understand. I'll think about that!


I however approve of the Open Ended nature ... I just missed the window for this one!

Forces are brewing within me this year, and they are both powerful yet tough to control...

Critic

Posts: 199

Joined: July 10, 2016, 11:34:19 AM

Post May 24, 2018, 03:48:01 PM

Re: May 2018 Flash Contest (Part 2) - The Premise

TaoPhoenix wrote:I however approve of the Open Ended nature ... I just missed the window for this one!

Forces are brewing within me this year, and they are both powerful yet tough to control...

Welcome back pal!

Return to Fun and Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.