Writers Parasite [Contains Adult Language & Situations]

Tools, tips and tricks to improve your writing.

Moderator: Editors

Master Critic

Post April 17, 2018, 10:48:32 PM

Re: Writers Parasite [Contains Adult Language & Situations]

Thanks for the kind words Jim.

Amazing how words can evoke so many thoughts when used in poetry. When younger, I hated poetry and then when realizing everyone is a poet, it was then I started to appreciate it, and now, I love poetry.

Poems are the true measure of the human condition. And not to sound like a broken record, but in my opinion, no poem/poetry written sincerely by a person can ever be critiqued negatively, or changed, as poetry is the ultimate truth when written not only from the mind, but from the heart.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Sun, Moon, Mood, Man

Homage paid in toll, Charon pushes as the ferryman takes
Death
Taxes
Life

Holding in hand what is real; not bought or purchased
not earned
or
made

A balance made between the heart and a feather
scales to tell the lot
Grimace or smile
a highway to the stars paved

What are we if not beneath the glow
with feelings and passions
reasons?
Life

It is true the Moon smiles as the Sun sleeps
as too
the happiness and sadness
of man.

Master Critic

Post April 19, 2018, 01:28:27 AM

Hamper

Finger nails chipped to the point of being bitten
Beneath, the oil mixed with soil
Palms only slightly clean

Wearing seconds purchased, as those racked donated from changed life-styles
Financial debates
Health
and deceased

Hair an array where the imagination of children seeing hold sway
as holes show skin just above the knee
hiding though, the mixed socks
black/white
fitting into sneakers long past new
nothing to know but people decide anyway

Bum
Slob
Freak
Druggy
Sick
Cool
Strange
Modern
A statement
so many choices to be
and yet
really,
just another work day
finished
over
naked
now stacking it all for another pile waiting to be clean.

Master Critic

Post April 19, 2018, 10:42:08 PM

If you're a writer I'm sure you've had a story 'pop' into your head and pester the crap out of you. If not, you just might not have recognized it.

The other day I was inspired after seeing a tree that had grown out of solid rock, come tumbling down in a rock slide after all the rain. So, better get it out of my head.

It took to the air as if it could fly, and for a short distance it could. Gravity however took the small pine seed and brought it to a landing on top of a rocky cliff.

Rocks are hostile to life. Large. Hard. Cold. And for the most part, aloof and immobile. For the seed to have landed in such a cruel place almost insured it would end up being consumed by time. But fate is a fickle thing.

Gravity continued it's job, along with the Fall rains. The small pine seed worked it's way down the face of the cliff and found refuge in a small crack. It is here it rested for the winter, secure in the crack and covered in snow.

In the following Spring, the seed germinated and a small tree was born. The air had also worked with the rain to bring small particles of nutrient the tree could use. Not much, but enough to allow the tree to struggle and grow throughout the Summer.

Soon, a routine took place. Winter. Summer.Winter. Summer. Winter. Summer... In only a few short years the tree was visible for all to see. It was rooted firmly and secure on the face of a cliff.

The tree knew struggle. It knew famine, drought, wind, freezing, heat. It lived in a hostile environment for years. Then, after a period of about thirty years, it grew cocky. It grew arrogant.

"Look at me! I am a tree that can grow where nothing else can! Nothing can destroy me!"

The birds laughed as did the insects, snakes, and other creatures of the natural world. They had all learned life is a thin thread between living and dying. To see such arrogance in the tree, they knew something bad would happen.

And happen it did.

The tree had spread it's roots deep into the rock, following fine seams so small, water could barely pass through the rock. With its strength, the roots split the cracks wide open, allowing more nutrients and water to flow.

"Not even the rock can stop my growth now!" The tree bellowed. It spoke so loud, it startled a pigeon resting in one of the branches.

Summer. Winter. Summer. Winter. And then, one Winter was extremely cold and snowy. The tree said, "No amount of snow can bother me. No wind can topple me. I am king of the trees!"

The rock had listened to this tree from the time it was a seed. It had been the foundation for this tree for over thirty years. It had tolerated the roots tearing the seams apart. But it was enough. The rock talked with the wind and Sun. It talked with the rain and snow. It was time to teach this tree a lesson.

The Sun melted the snow. The rain filled the cracks along with the snow melt. And then, the wind blew.

For so long, the roots of the tree opened cracks wide and deep into the rock. With a puff the wind pushed against the tree.
Earlier in the harsh winter, the cold air had frozen the water causing the cracks in the rock to open much wider than any tree root could do.

As the wind hit the tree, the tree felt it's world crumble. The face of the cliff crumbled and tons of rock fell, bringing with it, the tree.

No words now from the tree. No arrogance. No life. Nothing but drying branches and wood that will soon rot.

It was not failure though, nor was nothing wasted. The wood fed beetles. The ants found shelter in the rotting wood. In a strange way, the tree was now more 'alive' than when singing to the world about it's success.

As for the rock laying crumbled, they knew eventually they would become even smaller and smaller, until one day they would turn to sand and fly with the wind and other pine tree seeds.

Long Fiction Editor

Post April 20, 2018, 12:16:08 PM

Wow, great story. Did you actually witness the tree fall, or did you put the scene together from forensic evidence after the fact?

I've seen lots of trees in potential situations such as this, though not many with rocks. I've been in lots of ravines, and silly trees think they're safe to grow close to crumbly shale embankments. I've seen fallen trees in the bottoms of ravines (sometimes partially bridging them), and the hollow sockets where their root-balls used to be.

This also reminds me of the way streambeds of all sizes behave.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Master Critic

Post April 20, 2018, 10:59:18 PM

Where I live there is a dominant rock called, basalt. While buried in the ground it is extremely hard, even more so than granite. For thousands of years basalt has remained very tough and impervious to the elements. However, once exposed to the elements is starts to weaken immediately.

Here, along the highways, the construction process has revealed about a billion tons of basalt. As the elements degrade the integrity of the rock, small seeds are able to take root.

Water. Roots. Freezing temps. Blistering temps. All constantly break down the rock and each spring, multiple rock slides occur.

The story was inspired after seeing the remains of a slide.

Interesting side note: People plant trees and such in great soils and spoil them only to see them die. And if one tried to plant a tree on solid rock I'm thinking it would be a constant 99.99% failure rate, yet in nature, it happens all the time.

Amazing actually.

Impossible

Can't be done, they say
You will fail, she said
She will not last, he said

She said
He said
They said

and yet?

Planes fly
Submarines swim
Rockets to the moon
and a North Korean dictator is trying to make 'peace'
with an American president.

(side note: If Trump succeeds making peace with North Korea will he get the Nobel Peace prize like Obama or Gore? The answer: No. Of course, that would be impossible)

Master Critic

Post April 22, 2018, 09:52:57 AM

Man bitten by shark, bear, snake in less than 4 years

Got a chuckle when I was this headline today. Is the man extremely lucky to have endured? Or, was he extremely unlucky?

Thus the inspiration.

Luck

"Oh he was so lucky to have survived"

"Oh he has no luck, poor bastard getting bitten and such"

Luck?

Fuck luck.

Spit in the face of destiny\

Tear the limb of fortune apart/

Bear the shield of self

Shark infested world where people hold belief in hope and luck]

Snake bite reality where it is strength of the mind, strength of the body; ability to survive from experience...

So again I say,

fuck luck.

Master Critic

Post April 22, 2018, 10:39:59 PM

"Bit testy today dickhead. Panties too tight?"

No. Feeling decent enough. Got a waterline going today. Nothing got broken.

"So you don't believe in luck or hope, well I hope you fall down a dry well and I get lucky enough to find your stash of chips."

Luck is for fools and hope only applies to those who can't do anything. And just what is hope? It is a make-believe concept of a 'fall back' word people use when a situation is not going the way they thought. And luck, that just is stupid.

All I hear is, "I hope this and I hope that." Or, "I hope you have a great day." Now why in the hell would a person want to 'hope' someone has a nice day? Why don't they say, "May your day be a great one, filled with good experiences and joy." No, that would make sense so people who don't really give a shit either way love to say, 'hope'.

And then there is the: "Man that guy sure is lucky." Or, "She was lucky winning all that money." And then if shit goes bad the same people (me included) say: "Man that guy sure is unlucky, too bad his plane crashed, I hope he'll be okay." Or, "She sure was unlucky when she tripped over the barb wired fence, I hope she'll be okay."

Thus the inspiration for tonight.

Rut

Words are a safety net
a neutral way to say
nothing real.

To hear, 'good morning' is a routine of social mannerisms
when really most could not care either way.

Someone sneezes,
'bless you'
some say.

Bump into another
'excuse me'
and why?

Words are just a tool, a safety net
which may
or may not
mean anything real.

Now fear
a primal scream
a yell
pain...
now those are real words
indeed.

Long Fiction Editor

Post April 23, 2018, 02:42:55 PM

Thanks for another laugh--"unlucky" to trip over a barbed-wire fence. Haha! Does she unluckily step in the toilet, too?

Master Critic

Post April 23, 2018, 09:29:02 PM

I 'hoped' it would cause some to laugh so it is 'lucky' you did!

As for toilets... remember the old days when flush toilets would flush about 10 gallons of water per flush? Unlike the modern two pints that can barely move a floating turd?

Ha! I remember when those large toilets clogged you had to be really quick to shut off the water valve or the floating turd would be floating down the hallway. Nowadays, a modern toilet clogs and the water barely rises an inch... and the turd just floats in a circle.

Currently watching one of Ted Nugent's shows, now THAT is the America I love...

Cat Scratch Nature

Spirit of the Wild, sung by a guitar man who hunts
Says what he wants and when he wants too
be free.

Pussy assed, race baiting, cry babies that don't hunt, don't work, don't do nuthin
trust babied
welfare slobs
but they fuck
bitch
moan
whine,
Puleese....

What happened to this country where people smoked cigarettes
drank whiskey
worked hard
hunted
fished
believed in something
...???

I'll take a hardworking man/woman
swearing like a sailor on leave
who works hard
respects the same
over
some tenured college prof
weighing 400 pounds and flips off America
and when hunting can only stalk twinkies, potato chips,
and honey flavor yogurt
with a smile to kill anything within a mile...

of course
maybe I'd make an exception
if they would contribute anything positive to this country
like moving to Siberia
or
North Korea
or
Mexico
or
anywhere where they'd soon,
change...

Master Critic

Post April 24, 2018, 10:17:20 PM

So much to write and so little time. I find it amazing that other writers experience 'writers block', I experience having too many words to write. I think I could write 24 hours a day! (taking breaks for chips, dip, and food not 'good' for the body)

Anyway, saw an osprey catch a fish. Amazing that they can spot a fish in the river now looking more like chocolate milk than water. But it did and the fish was not too happy about that.

And thus, inspiration.

Muddy Waters

On a clear night one can see forever
Forever is a long distance past here and eternity
And yet, what does one see?

Galaxies and clusters
Stars galore and black holes
Dust, light, radiation, blackness
a sight of such grand schemes...

And yet, what does one see?

Can they taste it, touch it, smell it, be it?
Yet, on a clear night one can see forever, past here and eternity.

Perched atop a wire, a small bird looks far below
a swirling scene of muddy water roiling past the rapids
filled with sticks and debris.

And, what does this bird see?

A flip of the wings and release
Soaring out and then...
Plunging down
down
down...
"Splash"

As quick as it started
the bird releases the water and flies up
up
up
and takes a stance on top of a wooden power pole
to eat

I can see far, far, away, and see so many things on a clear night sky
and yet sometimes
I can not see through the mud puddle
where I place my feet.

Master Critic

Post April 26, 2018, 11:03:56 PM

One minute; muck, mud, misery spin

One hour; frost to melt

One day; rain

One week; rock hard, dust, hot weather

One month; snow to flowers

One year; a repeat of the same

One century; pattern to show defeat and progress

One thousand years; history forgotten and doomed to repeat

One is but a number, a small number with so many huge things (insert: concepts, success's, failures, etc... for 'things"

One is just a number where nothing else matters but the start of more when counting other things (see insert above)

Master Critic

Post April 28, 2018, 09:39:01 PM

Torrid thought to think
thus
this
thought...

To they, though they think...

To take?

To tally?

No.

To be!

Master Critic

Post April 29, 2018, 11:39:16 AM

What happened to ya parasite, you look numb this morning? Haven't seen this side of you in a very long time... Actually, it was just before world war two. A cafe in Berlin called, Zeutergurm? Yes, that was it. You looked just like you look now.

"Shit man, you'd look like me also after the visit I had with it."

So, it is here again?

"Fucking A it is..."

Well, you have nothing to worry about. What did it represent this time.

"War... A shit storm."

Ha! There is always and always will be war and rumors of war. Even war of rumors and always. So, no difference really.

"Yeah, true but it is here again..."

(silence)

Yes. It is. And the amazing thing is they never seem to learn do they.

"No. They never do."

Pulsing though the light never seems to waiver
Unobstructed view for the blind
Unhindered hands raised for nothing
Clenched weapons of mind

Tree of Life so dedicated
leaves full of blight and disease as the children play and smile
soil full of wormy deed
turned furrow of planted dust
indeed

arm of Blackness extended
it's time again
it is back
as if it never left
again

listen as the world speaks in volume so loud the birds fall sick
the spider is dead
the snake bites the rock
the frogs return to ice
the sun hides
the moon, ah yes, the moon shattered, spilling chunks of night
fallen eyes with dry tears
it again,
is here.

Master Critic

Post April 30, 2018, 10:06:09 PM

Mixed between the lines lay so many layers
A point made, point
From all directions of center

First was one
Second was fun
Third, remains forever

Forth
From a direction which surrounds us
Pick from winds to emotions

Master Critic

Post May 01, 2018, 10:03:04 AM

Can't get this word out of my head for the last two days. Maybe by writing about it it will go away.

Mozambique

Mozambique

Mozambique

there it is, released along with the rhyme, 'where people meet, in Mozambique'

(then there are pictures of smiling faces being torn to pieces and some kind of sand being released)

The world of words are indeed an interesting place.

"Robin, you need help."

That's right parasite, so grab your gloves and come help me unload rocks...

"Uhmm, I have to get my nails done, and then sharpen my fangs, followed by a very important meeting with a frog, and..."

Just as I thought. Mozambique, Mozambique... Mozambique, where the people meet, in Mozambique where the parasite won't be as it is a lazee disease!

Master Critic

Post May 01, 2018, 10:14:55 PM

It worked! I got Mozambique out of my... shit. Well, it was out of my mind until I said it wasn't. Cool sounding word anyway.

"Mozambique. Mozambique. If shithead moved there then it would be him that the people eat!"

Nice one parasite, now go count mud balls.

"Okay, see ya in Mozambique."

Got to thinking about freedom of writing in history and in nations currently bearing various names of countries. Imagine what would happen if you wrote a public piece of writing about royalty in Saudi Arabia having sex with dogs... Bet the writer would not be having a hand available to write anything, that is, if they didn't get their head chopped off also.

So many countries impose restrictions on writers I'd be willing to bet they outnumber the countries that do allow freedom.

As a reader I peruse the various news outlets just to make sure humanity is still an ignorant, weird, crazy, species, and I've yet to be disappointed. 'Mother put baby in micro wave,' or 'Trump had sex with a dog.' And while the news usually sucks big time, at least people writing such stories have the right to do so. It is this I truly respect and like.

And then I got to thinking about how history shows the various moments where large amounts of knowledge were lost. The Roman Empire, Ottoman Empire, A lot of Empires... Just imagine what was lost when Alexanders library was destroyed.

And then I thought, what is knowledge? Knowledge is a fickle thing. What is held as absolute one day becomes fantasy the next. This of course depends upon facts and who is writing. Take abortion. One day it is murder, the next it is a joy to get (freedom and such).

So, mixing in the freedom to write, or the draconian arm of literary control. And then put in the availability of computer assisted research (subject to the whims of whomever writes the shit on internet) and wow, what a great breeding ground for something.

It will be interesting to see where the worlds freedom to write will end up just as how far stupid people can be lead to believe the world is actually round (it is flat and I have proof!) or that the earth goes around the sun...Ha! Everyone knows the goes around the earth...

Knowledge of Freedom

Aware of direction when first learning to crawl
Fall off a chair
Hit head on a table
Find candy in a jar

Aware of direction when first learning to walk
Skin the knee when tripping
Learn how to zip up trousers
See an elevated world now higher up

Aware of direction when learning how to run
Feel the pulse of a beating heart
Sweat and perspire
Making the world smaller

Aware of direction when learning how to read and write
Asking and answering questions
Entertainment
Education and such

Aware of direction as the body and mind age
Memories
Recollections
Experience

Aware of something though now starting to forget
Laying old, immobile, silent,
in a bed made the last time for death,
where in the awareness of direction did mankind become lost...

Master Critic

Post May 03, 2018, 09:49:08 AM

Sex and writing.
Mmm... it's as old as writing itself.

"Hot dog get your hot dog," the vendor at the baseball game shouted.

"I'll take one here...No, make that two," a burly man with a dirty cap signaled. He and his girlfriend were spending the day at the Saturday game.

"That'll be $29."

The food was passed down the line, held by many hands along the way and the money passed back the other way. A trade for services.

"Mmm... these dogs are great!" The beautiful woman said as she wolfed in the foot-long. It was hot, juicy, and firm. Some of the mustard dribbled down her chin.

"Yeah, nothing beats a good hot dog." The man smiled, as he patted her on the leg.

And there you have it. If I wrote the story WITHOUT first making the statement of sex and writing, the reader would have made no connections. BUT, since I did, the readers mind has been pumped and primed, rock hard with opinion of the orgasmic opinion WHILE reading.

This is a truly fucked up world but fun indeed, for writers.

"How about writing about a rabbit butt fucking a mouse? Would that be good or what."

No, parasite, that would... wait a minute. Would the rabbit be wearing a thong? And the mouse, is it a common field mouse or city rat?

"It can be whatever a writers imagination wants it to be!"

Right on parasite, right on.

Master Critic

Post May 06, 2018, 12:25:02 AM

Science fiction. Fantasy. Horror. But what better source than reality that sounds like all three?

Environmentalist Lawyer Arrested For Raping His Dog

May 5, 2018| by Brian Anderson

This is a headline designed by a writer, Brian Anderson, that ensures it ensnares anyone wanting to read more. Of course, I just had to see what it was all about as it is what sets humans apart from snails and cockroaches... they are nuts.

Funny though, as I was getting inspired to write after reading such a crappy news article I could not help but engage my mind with thoughts of my corgi dogs and the headline.

"Here Radar. Come on boy. Tinkerbelle. Come! Ah, good dogs. Here is a treat."

"Thanks," Tinkerbelle, the female corgi said.

"About time, " Radar, the male corgi said.

"So, who is up for some good doggy style sex!:'

(silence)

"What happened to Robin?" A concerned neighbor asked after not seeing him for a few weeks and noticing a pungent, foul odor drifting in the wind.

The sheriff came and after entering the home, he screamed. Two very fat corgi's were finishing off the remains of Robin. He swore he heard the smaller one say, "That fat idiot sure was tasty!" While the other replied, "What do you think he meant by doggy style sex? We got fixed as puppies and all we do is eat."

Yes, a sick short story but being inspired by sick short headlines will do that to a person.

Master Critic

Post May 06, 2018, 11:29:36 AM

Tiny chips of carbide
spinning soldiers facing the same way steadfast
biting force deep

channel straight the plunge
along a line drawn
precise

separating the board in two
as if in battle there could be change
and while the blade is but a tool of linear ambition
never again will the wood it meets
be the same.

Long Fiction Editor

Post May 06, 2018, 12:40:52 PM

Best laugh of the day (so far):
"That'll be $29."

Like the poem about the sawblade, too.

Master Critic

Post May 06, 2018, 11:40:25 PM

I know, right? $29 It probably is now more like $50 for two dogs and two beers at a game now. Or, in the NFL you can have a choice... two hotdogs and two beers or a season pass for the football season. The way the NFL tickets are going down in price, they'll soon be free.

Learned that when stopping at a store to buy some chemical diet soda, it's better to buy a case of twelve on sale for $4.95 than to buy one can/bottle for $1.89 (plus tax)

Laughter is good indeed, that's why I look in a mirror everyday!

Laughter

The best medicine in life they say,
Laughter makes the day

To chortle, and giggle
stomp and wheeze
with snot flinging freely, and getting weak kneed,
when hearing something funny

Comedians do their best
Politicians are
Children are natural
Work... too easy
Everyone has a say

Laughter is indeed the best medicine in life...
though...
Pizza
Chips
Chemical soda's...
they too, are great.

Long Fiction Editor

Post May 07, 2018, 12:03:12 PM

"... chemical diet soda ..."
I hope you're not drinking that ...
:shock:

Master Critic

Post May 07, 2018, 10:19:36 PM

Oh hell YEAH!

I get so tired of having society tell us, "Don't smoke, don't eat butter, don't eat eggs, don't breath the air, don't play with sharp knives (ouch) don't, don't, don't, don't...

I'm a firm believer that the body knows what is best. If the body craves chocolate donuts, eat chocolate donuts. If the body craves meat, eat meat. Lard? eat lard. Dirt? eat dirt. Sharp knives? Ouch. Don't play with sharp knives...

Moderation is the key of course.

Now, as for that shitty, crappy, stuff they call diet soda... They have nothing good in it other than chemicals designed to kill weeds or remove paint...but... I love the shit!

Diet Mt. Dew, followed by diet Coke. It's all good.

And, it works because at my last VA physical, I was in perfect health. And, I told the doc about all the chips, dip, diet sodas, etc... and she said, "Keep doing what you do because it is working."

Maybe one day I'll crave eating crayons and to write poetry about the love life of stuff growing in a septic tank. It's all good.

Good for You

It's good for you, they said
It's bad for you, they said

I said no
They said no
the body said
yes.

A little cream on top of that for you?
Sugar in your tea?
How do you like your red meat?
Two dozen jelly donuts?
Pizza?

"If you eat tofu and spinach you'll live to be a hundred," said by one younger who died from eating alfalfa sprouts the next day.

"Don't eat that. Don't drink that. Drive this. Do that. Dress, bathe, exercise, sleep..."

What is good for some or all
is not good
for me. (burp)

Long Fiction Editor

Post May 08, 2018, 12:29:37 PM

HA! Good on you!

I tried yogurt recently because it was supposed to be good for you--including good for your brain (Thanks, Kathleen McAuliffe, author of "This is Your Brain on Parasites").

GACK! Everything about yogurt seems weird and slightly wrong to me, and that's the stuff with the fruit and sugar, yet. I can't help thinking I should be facing some space alien who just handed it to me and pantomimed eating--he (or she, or it) is smiling nervously at me like this is some kind of experiment and no one knows what the results will be. I don't need the brain enhancement that badly. I think I've gotten a shitload more benefit from bicycling, brain included.

Master Critic

Post May 08, 2018, 10:37:19 PM

Ha! Almost blew soup out of my nose while reading your post.

GACK! Now that is a word not often heard.

Yogurt. Now while I'm a glutton, to me yogurt is a mix between jello left on the kitchen table too long and snot that erupts during the cold season. But us gluttons... we eat anything (except liver and coffee... unless, the liver is liver pate on crackers with pickles...((yes, I'm a hypocrite))) Liver in slab form sizzling on a stove is just plain nasty.

Your writing had me instantly picture ET, (the one on the original movies saying, "ET, phone home...") sticking its finger in yogurt and after phoning home orders the total destruction of earth for possessing such a substance.

Thanks for the laugh Lester, after the shit I went through today, much appreciated. And thanks for the inspiration.

Alien Food

Language so profound as to almost be
undecipherable

Scientists poked, prodded, and placed the item
where all could play with it

So old it was, yet so alive,
Odor spilling everywhere, even with climate control lab

"What do you make of it?" A woman in white with degree's climbing up her wall asked
"A strange substance indeed...: He replied, holding a sample with tongs

"Where did they find it," so many others asked
as one who fainted from the smell, was carried outside

"It was found in a local store, Walmart I think..."
"Oh, what a disgusting substance..."
"Please, destroy it before it breeds..."

When it finally was over, the language was solved
Ingredients known
S-P-A-M
Ingredients: Pig parts, salt, road tar, wax, dead children, turkey lips, embalming fluid, metal shavings, ebola...

And to think, the Samoan's love it
And they serve spam in Hawaii
And I love it,
especially
fried!

Master Critic

Post May 09, 2018, 09:50:40 PM

subtle how the family gathers in evil trance
whispering words from so long ago past
before the fires melting Truth

Asagi so to tu tomil...
breath of Satan's laugh

Set trap upon trap to entice and deceive
with ambitions startling, clear,
full of worm ridden mud and shit

heart torn open, this basket of venom hiss
Strike!
Strike down the trident bliss

She, just a child wearing white and flowers upon her head
He, just a fragment of dust splitting the wind
They, just a blur of nothing with wisdom to match

f]ro[m the skee do tok, the sky's opened wide to drown the noise
with powur tai tae lu
Somrun, go this trail tried

Feel now the Dragon's power, its tail smashing open molten core
Below such,
below the melting fire of Truth

Tonight world, the World exists
setting right,
the path

For when the Wind(s) calm after eating the Stars
Wormwood wise
this knowledge of Cor ut tu mi...
(so much, so much, so much... lost)
the Sun will once again Rise
on Truth
as the embers turn cold, the people heal,
and...

Long Fiction Editor

Post May 10, 2018, 11:48:40 AM

Don't know if you're any kind of musician, but I think you'd get a kick out of this:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/o ... _5_10_2018)&mc_cid=75264b44af&mc_eid=95d91afc7a

Master Critic

Post May 10, 2018, 08:42:52 PM

Yep, I whistle while taking a shower and banging on... a rock, yeah, a rock.

Seriously (THUD! the parasite always faints when Robin takes something seriously.

Seriously though (said while stepping over unconscious parasite) I like to play any instrument just to see what kind of sound can be squeezed out and I like to whistle while banging on... a rock, yeah, a rock!

Anyway, cool article. In school my favorite sound was using the side of my thumbs to beat on a desk top.

Rocks Song

Did you hear it?

Vibrations from a place you cannot not go

yet

all around, and around, and around
us
there is the song of stone felt.

To hear
To feel

yet

only when the eyes can actually hear