Humint By Richard Tornello

Tell us what you thought about the December 2012 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Master Critic

Post December 21, 2012, 03:34:41 PM

Humint By Richard Tornello

There is so much I can say about this, so I'm going to start with how proud I am of you Richard, with your persistence, hard work and determination with your poetry writing.

The message is powerful, the literary expression, masterful, it is perfection and professional throughout!

I liked Lipinski's influence on the byline on the poem's page.

You got to the point, you hit it from every angle and you left with a major impact!

If there was a venue that pays for top quality poetry, this one would bring you great royalities.

I kept hearing the theme song in my mind of , "Secret Agent Man". The line, "They've givin' you a number and takin' away your name".

I am very impressed.

Master Critic

Post December 22, 2012, 02:57:48 AM

Re: Humint By Richard Tornello

Mark wrote:
There is so much I can say about this, so I'm going to start with how proud I am of you Richard, with your persistence, hard work and determination with your poetry writing.

The message is powerful, the literary expression, masterful, it is perfection and professional throughout!

I liked Lipinski's influence on the byline on the poem's page.

You got to the point, you hit it from every angle and you left with a major impact!

If there was a venue that pays for top quality poetry, this one would bring you great royalities.

I kept hearing the theme song in my mind of , "Secret Agent Man". The line, "They've givin' you a number and takin' away your name".

I am very impressed.

Thanks for the comments just one thing, Lipinski had no influence on the line.

HUMINT, It's the nature of the work, the erasure of the human sometimes on both sides, and then again, the black star.

Then there's the outcome of the effort, seen and unforeseen.

And finally there is the question the pun intends to illicit.

rt

One thing to consider, in more repressive countries, and in not so repressive countries, poets and writers are feared and in a sense respected by the government.
Here, we're pretty much ignored or co-opted. Maybe the Bill OF RIGHTS has something to do with it. And/Or maybe the people just don't listen to the lyrics/poetry and story within the music when the message is conveyed in that medium.

Or, consider the fact that most of the commercial media is controlled by just a few, and you're not going to say what your boss doesn't really want you to say, now are you? If you mention free press you might want look up what an editor of the NY Times said on that subject, or Chomsky's Propaganda Model , or Judge Felix Frankfuter's comment on power and related subjects.

Just historical facts of life. GELO of Syracuse said it rather well and acted upon it time ago.

RT

Editor Emeritus

Post December 22, 2012, 08:56:29 AM

Rick, from a "technical policy" angle, why is the copyright notice 2011? Did you write it a year-plus ago and it's now just surfacing? Or is it a typo?

Master Critic

Post December 22, 2012, 12:06:06 PM

TaoPhoenix wrote:Re: Humint By Richard Tornello
Rick, from a "technical policy" angle, why is the copyright notice 2011? Did you write it a year-plus ago and it's now just surfacing? Or is it a typo?

Typo i think, not sure I sometimes hit 2010 for 2012. I fire and forget and move on.

Editor Emeritus

Post December 22, 2012, 03:58:24 PM

rick tornello wrote:Typo i think, not sure I sometimes hit 2010 for 2012. I fire and forget and move on.

I would quietly advise that you pay a wee bit of care about copyright, it is one of my pet issues I follow, so mis-typing a copyright date is an angle I don't want to think about! :shock:

Master Critic

Post December 22, 2012, 06:08:07 PM

TaoPhoenix wrote:
rick tornello wrote:Typo i think, not sure I sometimes hit 2010 for 2012. I fire and forget and move on.

I would quietly advise that you pay a wee bit of care about copyright, it is one of my pet issues I follow, so mis-typing a copyright date is an angle I don't want to think about! :shock:

You are so correct, and I mean that.

I usually do. but for here, your question I just gave a quick look. I have them listed as i write them so I really do know when. It's a MATTER OF RESEARCH in my notebooks which are dated. This version looks 2012.

Sometimes I use the same title, other times I note the revision if it is a revision. This was a fresh one, though the idea, in part was not, and was addressed earlier somewhere or I thought about it and it was in one of my short stories.

Return to December 2012