THE SLEEP OF DEATH By Dr. M Taylor

Tell us what you thought about the May 2012 issue

Moderator: Editors

Master Critic

Post May 24, 2012, 08:47:36 AM

THE SLEEP OF DEATH By Dr. M Taylor

An interesting tale indeed. I live with someone who has the sleep of death and I can understand. A whole story around this? Very good with red herring of a tale too.

Here's my answer Dr. Taylor, from 2007:

HEAVY SEMI SLUMBER
Married life #2
By R. Tornello © 2007

A Kenworth, a Mack, Peterbuilt few.
Volvo rolls on, Mercedes limps too.
GM builds many, so does our FORD.
The badges are many, I’ll never get bored

Diesels I know from life on the road.
Muffled, un-muffled, Air Brakes and more.
Exhaust tunes distinct, yet some are so quiet.
When they sneak up and honk ya,
they surprise ya for sure!

Living at home, oh why must I suffer,
with a wife….. whose snores,
beats all mentioned upper.
It’s like sleeping on hi-ways:
then Truck Nightmare A-Wakes!
But It’s only…… dear wife
Applying…… J-brakes.

Editor Emeritus

Post May 24, 2012, 05:57:00 PM

Re: THE SLEEP OF DEATH By Dr. M Taylor

I hope your wife has been tested for sleep apnea. My snoring went away and my apnea improved a lot after I had an ENT surgery.

I suspect that Alexandre Dumas Pere may have suffered from OSA---he was male, African-American, stout and he reportedly died from drinking too much coffee---people with sleep apnea use a lot of stimulants.

The author/illustrator of Poison Elves, Drew Hayes went into a coma and eventually died from sleep apnea complications. Those who haver read his work will notice that the main character is visited by an imp that lives in his head, Parintachin, but only when he is asleep.

Sleep apnea gets worse when you are paralyzed in REM sleep and it can cause strange dream content which then becomes fuel for strange stories.

Master Critic

Post May 24, 2012, 06:02:28 PM

Nope, not sleep apnea, she , her sisters and mother are fine except that they could be used for the sound track of a truck video.

RT

Commenter

Post June 02, 2012, 06:57:03 PM

http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/shorts/2012/05/TheSleepofDeath.html

A race of apparently immortal beings that live on through century after century will ultimately come to own everything, as long as they save their money and invest it wisely.

The same thing is true of corporations who, if well managed, are immortal. Conclusion, corporations are not people, they are vampires.

:shock:

Master Critic

Post June 02, 2012, 09:24:53 PM

Zorro wrote
A race of apparently immortal beings that live on through century after century will ultimately come to own everything, as long as they save their money and invest it wisely.

The same thing is true of corporations who, if well managed, are immortal. Conclusion, corporations are not people, they are vampires.

I disagree, they are an evolutionary life form, granted life by our supreme court (dejure) and by the very nature of their structure (defacto). And this life form is one fit to deal with the requirements of selfperpetuation in the world as it is becoming. The nation sate was nothing but a training/breeding ground and an organizational springboard to our brave new worlds to come.

Editor Emeritus

Post June 03, 2012, 07:54:00 PM

Zorro, Depends on the individual. Not everyone wants to be rich. Some people want to do good. Stefan is a co-dependent vampire. He feeds on the sickness and death of others, making them healthy and alive again. That means he is drawn to the most pitiful, wretched and afflicted among us, sort of like St. Francis---and like Francis, he would want to become one with those whom he loves/desires. Money would flow through his fingers like water.

Critic

Post June 08, 2012, 03:04:59 PM

McCamy_Taylor wrote: I suspect that Alexandre Dumas Pere may have suffered from OSA---he was male, African-American,
Interesting. I've always thought him a frenchman.

Editor Emeritus

Post June 08, 2012, 09:03:33 PM

Oops. I meant French-African.

Return to May 2012