Buckyball By E. S. Strout

Tells us what you think about the November 2011 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Critic

Post November 30, 2011, 10:42:52 AM

Buckyball By E. S. Strout

Interesting story. I liked the ethnic diversity in the characters, but they needed some more personality; I got a feeling for it, but given the very plot driven nature of the tale, it was overshadowed. The ending was trying to go for that dark ' Beyond Outer Limits' twist, but it felt a little rushed (that's the best way I can describe it).

A few things though

1) Did they go to the actual edge of the Universe? :shock: Or was this just a metephor for being on the edge of a black hole?

2) You first introduced Gorman as a member of the Navy, but then had him be a Marine, which is it?
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.”
-Mark Twain

Senior Critic

Post November 30, 2011, 01:21:52 PM

Re: Buckyball By E. S. Strout

Gorman is a Navy Commander, Hernandez a Marine Corps officer. Syntax error by a misplaced period. My bad.

There is conjecture regarding the existence of an antimatter universe. One says that at the Big Bang singularity equal amounts of matter and antimatter were created.. We exist in a matter universe. If we were capable of puncturing the expanding rim of our universe would we enter an antimatter universe and be destroyed? And why not an antimatter component in black hole?

gino

Critic

Post November 30, 2011, 08:32:06 PM

Re: Buckyball By E. S. Strout

gino_ss wrote:Gorman is a Navy Commander, Hernandez a Marine Corps officer. Syntax error by a misplaced period. My bad.

There is conjecture regarding the existence of an antimatter universe. One says that at the Big Bang singularity equal amounts of matter and antimatter were created.. We exist in a matter universe. If we were capable of puncturing the expanding rim of our universe would we enter an antimatter universe and be destroyed? And why not an antimatter component in black hole?

gino

I see, thanks for the clairifications.
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.”
-Mark Twain

Return to November 2011