New Issue Online

Tell us what you thought about the June/July 2011 issue!

Moderator: Editors

WebMaven

Post July 05, 2011, 08:15:20 PM

New Issue Online

The giant summer spectacular double issue of Aphelion is now online. Long fiction, short fiction, poetry and features, form a cool and glistening pool for your enjoyment. Let's dive in!

Commenter

Post July 05, 2011, 09:25:41 PM

Re: New Issue Online

I have several stories published at Aphellion. I was contacted by Robert and sent a copy of a story I sent in called Music Man to appove edits, which I did but I don't my story in this new issue.

Thank you,

Bruce Memblatt

Editor Emeritus

Post July 05, 2011, 10:11:22 PM

Brucenad wrote:I have several stories published at Aphellion. I was contacted by Robert and sent a copy of a story I sent in called Music Man to appove edits, which I did but I don't my story in this new issue.

Thank you,

Bruce Memblatt

Uh oh... I may have forgotten to upload it. :oops:

Nope -- I didn't forget to upload it, but when I added more material to the index, I accidentally clobbered TWO of the entries, one for "Music Man", the other for John Dougherty's "An Instrument of War". The index has now been corrected. Sincere apologies to both authors. :oops: :oops:
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Commenter

Post July 05, 2011, 10:28:21 PM

Ha! Thanks Robert! I see it's up now.

Best,

Bruce

CCC

Senior Critic

Post July 08, 2011, 08:32:53 AM

Code:
<p><font size="+1"><b><a href="http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/shorts/2011/06/LittleFriends.html">Little Friends</a><a></a></b><a><br> </a></font><a>

By George Morrow<br>
<i>Adolf Scipio told his guests an amazing -- and terrifying -- tale of strange rituals carried out in the jungles of South America. But it was what he showed them afterward that would change their lives.<br>
</i>
</a></p>

This was copied/pasted from the HTML source for the index. Why the superflous <a> and </a> tags? It makes the entire description look like a link that does nothing when clicked on.

This can be resolved by replacing the above with:

Code:
<p><font size="+1"><b><a href="http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/shorts/2011/06/LittleFriends.html">Little Friends</a></b><br> </font>

By George Morrow<br>
<i>Adolf Scipio told his guests an amazing -- and terrifying -- tale of strange rituals carried out in the jungles of South America. But it was what he showed them afterward that would change their lives.<br>
</i>
</p>

Editor Emeritus

Post July 08, 2011, 09:50:21 AM

CCC wrote:
  Code:
<p><font size="+1"><b><a href="http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/shorts/2011/06/LittleFriends.html">Little Friends</a><a></a></b><a><br> </a></font><a>

By George Morrow<br>
</i>
</a></p>

This was copied/pasted from the HTML source for the index. Why the superflous <a> and </a> tags? It makes the entire description look like a link that does nothing when clicked on.

This can be resolved by replacing the above with:

Code:
<p><font size="+1"><b><a href="http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/shorts/2011/06/LittleFriends.html">Little Friends</a></b><br> </font>

By George Morrow<br>
</i>
</p>

Looks like an artifact due to sloppy copying-and-pasting on my part. Each index entry is supposed to follow the same template... when I remember to put the entry in at all, that is.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to June/July 2011