Change of Climate By mike Wilson

Tell us what you thought about the December 2010 issue!

Master Critic

Post December 15, 2010, 04:46:46 PM

Change of Climate By mike Wilson

Of a thought of life from that perspective,

As long as it's not living out of a suitcase,

The view,

at least from what the Hubble pictures illustrate.

It's time.

What a waste of energy, what we do here.

Nice poem.

small print:
Yet that type of travel, power acceleration effects to be overcome,
lifetimes in the quest.

Just a note, an F16 can almost make a right angled turn at speed except for the human inside.

0 to C in seconds, I don't think so.

RT

Master Critic

Post December 16, 2010, 12:22:38 PM

Change of Climate

I can definately identify with these 4 stanzas. The rest of the people in my office have screensavers with their children - I have a map of Mars. Out There - some of us feel the pull, while most are content to live out their lives in one city, by the simple reason they were born there.

I would take exception to the phrase: Time's passage will chose (he meant choose) which one of us was correct. All that time's passage does is make people dead - and when you're dead, you won't care if you were right or wrong - because you'll be dead. And I wouldn't tell anyone else that their feelings were wrong - feelings aren't wrong, feelings just are - although ideas can be non-factual.
Since the house is on fire - at least let us warm ourselves.

Critic

Post December 23, 2010, 01:46:22 PM

Re: Change of Climate

bottomdweller wrote:I would take exception to the phrase: Time's passage will chose (he meant choose) which one of us was correct.

I took that as an variation on the common expression 'time will show'.
bottomdweller wrote:- feelings aren't wrong, feelings just are -

So true.
bottomdweller wrote: although ideas can be non-factual.

A good point. What caught my eye was the juxtaposition of oxygen and phlogiston. Oxygen is real. You can buy it in solid bottles. Phogiston on the other hand is a thought construct that has failed with respect to certain aspects of thermodynamics. Does that mean that whoever intent to make their own phlogiston are delusionally trying for an illusionary goal? Maybe not, as it is possible to form a consistent theory of oxydation using phlogiston as some kind of negative oxygen. That way, making phlogiston would mean creating a lack of oxygen.

So perceive a being deriding oxygen breathers while creating a lack of oxygen. Add the title and the process of terraforming....

Return to December 2010