Off Road

Tell us what you thought about the July 2007 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Editor Emeritus

Post July 10, 2007, 11:18:58 AM

Off Road

Way off road. This story starts off peculiar and gets stranger as it goes. Philip K. Dick might approve.

Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Editor Emeritus

Post July 27, 2007, 12:17:37 PM

Re: Off Road

I'm not good at reading stories like this. Much like the protagonist winds up, they leave me adrift at sea--but a sea of confusion.

Anyone care to explain what in the heck this was all about? Descent into madness?

Also, I felt the language of the first two paragraphs to be rather off-putting. I speak more formally than most, but this seemed way over the top, as if the author was exercising his vocabulary far more than his writing skills.

Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Commenter

Post August 03, 2007, 03:25:18 AM

Re: Off Road

I'm not good at reading stories like this. Much like the protagonist winds up, they leave me adrift at sea--but a sea of confusion.

Anyone care to explain what in the heck this was all about? Descent into madness?

Also, I felt the language of the first two paragraphs to be rather off-putting. I speak more formally than most, but this seemed way over the top, as if the author was exercising his vocabulary far more than his writing skills.

Nate

Return to July 2007