Editor Shuffling

Tell us what you thought about the July 2007 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Editor Emeritus

Post July 02, 2007, 11:56:41 AM

Editor Shuffling

Congratulations to all who took on the mantle of responsibility.

What is the difference between what an editor does here, and an what an assistant editor does here? From a reader's perspective, I've never really understood.

Jeff, I saw in some of the old issues you used to be, I believe, Production Coordinator. Is that the same as Production Editor? Forgive my ignorance, but what does that entail?

Not a big deal. I was just curious.

Nate
Last edited by kailhofer on July 02, 2007, 11:57:16 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Production Editor

Post July 02, 2007, 01:04:29 PM

Re: Editor Shuffling

Congratulations to all who took on the mantle of responsibility.

What is the difference between what an editor does here, and an what an assistant editor does here? From a reader's perspective, I've never really understood.

Jeff, I saw in some of the old issues you used to be, I believe, Production Coordinator. Is that the same as Production Editor? Forgive my ignorance, but what does that entail?

Not a big deal. I was just curious.

Nate

I've been Production Editor for quite awhile. I've just shed the 'Serials' part of the title. :)

As for what I do, well, the answer is very simple. Actually, the same answer applies to Assistant Editor as well.

We do whatever our respective bosses need for us to do. 8-)

The arrangements that I had with Ralph may be very different from the arrangements McCamy has with Larissa.

--Jeff Williams

Poetry Editor

Post July 02, 2007, 08:50:18 PM

If I had an assistant, I'd send 'em for coffee ;D
KNEEL before Zod!

Editor Emeritus

Post July 02, 2007, 10:44:53 PM

So when she gets going into the middle of her tenure, woe betide any slackards who fail to heed her advice. Even Shakespeare agrees:

“Remember March; the ides of March remember.” Julius Caesar, iv. 3.

WebMaven

Post July 02, 2007, 11:08:07 PM

So when she gets going into the middle of her tenure, woe betide any slackards who fail to heed her advice. Even Shakespeare agrees:

I knew from the start that she'd be a great addition to the staff. The only question was how to convince her. I knew it would take time and patience and persuasion, but in the mean time, there was the very real risk that she might get away. I had to find a way to make sure she stuck around, to give us time to win her into the fold. What else could I do?

Reader, I married her. *grin*

Editor Emeritus

Post July 02, 2007, 11:50:11 PM

I knew from the start that she'd be a great addition to the staff. The only question was how to convince her. I knew it would take time and patience and persuasion, but in the mean time, there was the very real risk that she might get away. I had to find a way to make sure she stuck around, to give us time to win her into the fold. What else could I do?

Reader, I married her. *grin*

Larissa, I'm SURE Rob did not mean to imply that he only married you for your editing... ::)

Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

WebMaven

Post July 03, 2007, 12:14:29 AM

Larissa, I'm SURE Rob did not mean to imply that he only married you for your editing... ::)

Robert M.

Only? Not even close, my boy. Not even close.

Master Critic

Post July 03, 2007, 11:57:47 AM

Robert M.

It has been my pleasure to meet the Lovely Larissa on three occasions.  I can quite assure you all that Rob had plenty of reasons to marry her.

Why did she marry him?  

Why do any of them marry any of us?  It's just one of life's mysteries better left unsolved.

Bill Wolfe
"I am Susan Ivanova. . . .I am the Right Hand of Vengence. . .I am Death Incarnate, and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me."

Return to July 2007