Patron Saint of Dinosaurs

Tell us what you thought about the March 2010 issue.

Master Critic

Post March 19, 2010, 07:55:53 AM

Patron Saint of Dinosaurs

Wow. A few really nice ideas in this one. I love the way it starts off with quotes from Bladerunner, between creator and created. An amazing movie. The last monolog with the android on the roof - that's sci fi.
Jean Jones has some nice lines that I'd like to quote as well. "Somehow the creator escapes the blame for his creation." Yeah. How is that possible?
As an atheist, this line is a better explanation of what happened in my life over the last 60 years than I could ever describe myself: "What if we opened the door to the pilot's cabin and found no one sitting at the controls, just a programmed set of instructions." Very nice. I see the 'programmed set of instructions' as DNA. Believe me, every thing we think, do, eat is preprogrammed in our DNA. Our personalities are the result of a massive chemistry experiment, with the Cosmos playing the roles of laboratory and lab assisstant.
Since the house is on fire - at least let us warm ourselves.

Commenter

Post April 12, 2010, 12:46:05 PM

Re: Patron Saint of Dinosaurs

bottomdweller wrote:Wow. A few really nice ideas in this one. I love the way it starts off with quotes from Bladerunner, between creator and created. An amazing movie. The last monolog with the android on the roof - that's sci fi.
Jean Jones has some nice lines that I'd like to quote as well. "Somehow the creator escapes the blame for his creation." Yeah. How is that possible?
As an atheist, this line is a better explanation of what happened in my life over the last 60 years than I could ever describe myself: "What if we opened the door to the pilot's cabin and found no one sitting at the controls, just a programmed set of instructions." Very nice. I see the 'programmed set of instructions' as DNA. Believe me, every thing we think, do, eat is preprogrammed in our DNA. Our personalities are the result of a massive chemistry experiment, with the Cosmos playing the roles of laboratory and lab assisstant.

I also thought of the Matrix in the end of that poem, where the Matrix is what is in control of everything and what we see and experience is an illusion.
Bruce
http://brucewhealton.us

Return to March 2010