Blatant plug from the Features Editor

Tell us what you thought about the April 2009 issue!

WebMaven

Post April 16, 2009, 11:46:59 AM

Blatant plug from the Features Editor

Generally, I just assume that people are reading everything, but since I've seen only a little discussion, I figured I'd just drop a nudge for everyone to check out the features section.

We've been running a superb series by Seanan McGuire on the art and craft of writing, which everyone here should be reading and thinking about, because that's really what we're all about. And for the last few months, we've had some excellent reviews from McCamy Taylor about some fiction you might not have run across that is well worth checking out.

If you've been stopping at the poetry, you're not going far enough. Make the extra click, and see what the Features have to offer you.

Editor Emeritus

Post April 18, 2009, 02:06:21 PM

Feature Feature....

{Narrowly misses composing a parody of Mr. Roboto.}

At the rate my senility is kicking in, I qualify as two readers all by myself. Really though, essays are important. And SF magazines seem to be among the last remaining places to reliably find them, as publishers on Mount Parnassus have decided the sales equations don't work for them.

If anyone is interested, Seanan's official page is here:
http://www.seananmcguire.com/

(Old School etiquette question: which is correct for her, Miss or Mrs.? Ms. is the time pressured journalist's emergency escape. I already dodged this question twice anyway.)

McCamy gets credit for raising awareness of graphic lit. It's so far out of my standard range though, all I can do is tip my glasses to her.

Return to April 2009