Missing posts?

Feedback to the editors about the zine not relating to any specific issue.

Moderator: Editors

Senior Editor

Post February 19, 2017, 01:21:07 PM

Missing posts?

As you may have noticed, any posts made between Feb. 13th and the 17th didn't make it into the copy of Aphelion that is now living on a new server. I wrote a warning post, but it was one of the ones that also didn't get copied, LOL!

It should be safe to begin posting again. The server migration was supposed to end on the 17th. The ISP will be tweaking and testing things on their shiny new equipment until the 25th. The Staff and I are keeping that in mind, so we won't begin uploading any new files until then, except to test things ourselves.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Dan
"Extremely difficult- Virtually impossible- However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..."
Brice Linch - Max Headroom

Master Critic

Post February 19, 2017, 01:33:29 PM

Re: Missing posts?

Hows that for timing. I noticed aliens posted a first contact message on the forums. It was the most exciting thing to happen to this planet - ever. In it they had the formula for all cures to cancer plus they revealed the secret to cold fusion.

They were waiting for a reply that sadly, will never come. It won't surprise me if they just said, "Oh well, we tried. Let them all go back to living in caves."

I tried to copy the message but it disappeared before I got more than ten words. For what it's worth, here is the first part: Greetings humans, we come in peace. As a sign of...

The rest was pretty cool but I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone alien science.

Editor Emeritus

Post February 24, 2018, 09:51:23 AM

Re: Missing posts?

Lipinski wrote:Hows that for timing. I noticed aliens posted a first contact message on the forums. It was the most exciting thing to happen to this planet - ever. In it they had the formula for all cures to cancer plus they revealed the secret to cold fusion.

They were waiting for a reply that sadly, will never come. It won't surprise me if they just said, "Oh well, we tried. Let them all go back to living in caves."

I tried to copy the message but it disappeared before I got more than ten words. For what it's worth, here is the first part: Greetings humans, we come in peace. As a sign of...

The rest was pretty cool but I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone alien science.

"Ooohhhh... THAT explains Fermat's Last Theorem!"

:D
("I've got this cool new proof of a theorem, but it won't fit in the margin...")

Return to Administrivia