check it out

Feedback to the editors about the zine not relating to any specific issue.

Moderator: Editors

Editor at Large

Post February 22, 2015, 12:36:20 PM

check it out

http://Www.flynetonline.com/www/aphelion-webzine.com this site says our domain name is worth over 13 million dollars
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Editor Emeritus

Post August 04, 2015, 11:57:19 AM

Re: check it out

EddieSullivan wrote:http://Www.flynetonline.com/www/aphelion-webzine.com this site says our domain name is worth over 13 million dollars

From the page:
" The domain aphelion-webzine.com has a worth of about 13,250,119 $." !!?

So through Dan's vision and his own money and even if he gets help from a "non-intrusive sponsor", look what we have held on to. A few ups and downs in readership, but CRUCIALLY he has kept "click-bait ads" out of here!

That sends a quiet powerful signal that we're here to Do Stuff, and that we're not out to scrape every last million-clicks!

Plus I think I read elsewhere here we're in the running / winning a few categories of longest running genre publications, so let no one be teased by that "fake" evaluation up there! Because that's valued by people who are lately just cannibalizing the old founder's hard work, then after two years throwing the gutted carcass away for pennies. So let's not do that to us!

Dan, did you ever apply for any official charity statuses for us? Because I think we're close to the criteria by mood.

Return to Administrivia