Libro di Sinistro ????

Feedback to the editors about the zine not relating to any specific issue.

Moderator: Editors

Editor at Large

Post March 05, 2014, 03:47:17 PM

Libro di Sinistro ????

If the book is included in our work is there any conflict publishing that work?
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Editor at Large

Post March 05, 2014, 03:51:26 PM

Re: Libro di Sinistro ????

If so, is there a problem with say doing Kindle Direct and giving it away free?
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Editor Emeritus

Post March 05, 2014, 07:18:41 PM

Hi Eddie,

There's no conflict. Anyone is welcome to use the Libro di Sinistro in their stories. That includes stories outside the flash contest. You retain all the rights to your individual stories, so you can publish them however and wherever you want. If someone asks though, tell them you first heard of the sinister book in cautious whispers here on Aphelion. :)

Let tales of the Libro di Sinistro proliferate (laughs maniacally) :twisted: .

John

Editor at Large

Post March 05, 2014, 07:36:12 PM

yeah I have no problem plugging the hell out of this site. After all it is the place where I am doing my thing!

Editor at Large

Post May 01, 2014, 05:38:20 PM

Editor Emeritus

Post August 04, 2015, 12:57:07 PM

EddieSullivan wrote:yeah I have no problem plugging the hell out of this site. After all it is the place where I am doing my thing!

And I plan (eventually!) to do some of that too. Plugging takes a bit of finesse so we don't come out as crass (spam emails!), but broadly as a culture we do understand the world runs on advertising, whether "traditional" or various "social media" versions. Aphelion can't grow if it's hidden in the basement in a file cabinet marked Beware of the Leopard. (I forget where I heard that phrase.)

Editor at Large

Post August 04, 2015, 07:07:56 PM

At this point the relationship between the free webzine know as "Aphelion" and the Semi-pro "Cheapjack Pulp" could best be described as incestual. The cross over of editors, writers, et al is extreme. A casual plug is no longer necessary as Aphelion is the class "A" place where I farm talent for paid gigs. I funnel people in both directions and my business cards are still "Aphelion" with a Cheapjack ink stamp on the back.

Return to Administrivia