NaNoWriMo

Tools, tips and tricks to improve your writing.

Moderator: Editors

Editor at Large

Post October 28, 2014, 01:05:37 PM

NaNoWriMo

I am registered. Leave me you name here and I will put you on my buddy list.
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Editor at Large

Post November 07, 2014, 04:31:08 PM

Re: NaNoWriMo

No really doing it this year?
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Long Fiction Editor

Post November 07, 2014, 05:24:09 PM

For quite a while now I've been lucky if I could write fifty words in a month. Fifty thousand would be an excuse to rewrite all the known laws of physics. :lol:

That said, I am happy that I've been able to get a new start on the latest rewrite of my never-ending story. Just finished Chapter 3.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Editor Emeritus

Post August 04, 2015, 12:15:51 PM

The premise runs counter to my style to be sure ... I think the only big writer I know of who could drill out a novel in a month was Piers Anthony.

And at the fastest pace I ever had, I once did a "novel length" [private biography of a neighbor who suffered child abuse, with supplied audio material, and back in the days I was at full power, it still crushed me for six months.

Editor at Large

Post August 04, 2015, 06:52:34 PM

I am writing my second novel length work in less than 30 days now. My third will most assuredly come in Nov. Writing it and publishing it are two different things though. "Six Thegn Quean" Episodes 1-5 were written during NaNoWriMo and went over 50k then to about 48k with first edits. Once Episode 6 is released it with be 60k words 48+k from 30 days in Nov 2014. I am 25k into a novel that draft one began mid-July working very sporadically because things came up, so about 24 man hours for 25k publishable words.

I have no problem doing 3k words a day on any day that I commit to that word count.

Every writer is different, but if I can do it anyone can do at least 1k a day and that is pretty much a novel, 1.5k a day is o novel.

Editor Emeritus

Post August 04, 2015, 07:21:01 PM

EddieSullivan wrote:Every writer is different, but if I can do it anyone can do at least 1k a day and that is pretty much a novel, 1.5k a day is o novel.

No, you are just gifted!
:D

I oscillate between fire days like today, and glacial speeds on many others!

Editor at Large

Post August 04, 2015, 07:58:06 PM

Yeah my gift comes with a diagnosis all it's own. Maybe a grass is greener situation all on its own Tao.

Return to Writers Workshop