Wha' hoppen to the comments?

Tell us what you thought about the May 2004 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Editor Emeritus

Post May 30, 2004, 10:53:19 AM

Wha' hoppen to the comments?

April issue: 16 topics, 116 posts<br>May issue, so far: 10 topics, 39 posts (well, 11 and 40, including this one)<br><br>With a week or so to go, we seem to be a leetle behind the curve here ... is it final exams and summer plans and students returning home (and federal elections both north and south of the 49th Parallel), or are we just Not Trying Very Hard?<br><br>Okay, I admit I'm behind my personal curve in terms of stories read and nitpicked, too. I'll do better over the next week. Honest.<br><br>
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Editor Emeritus

Post May 30, 2004, 11:28:16 PM

Re: Wha' hoppen to the comments?

<br>I will be honest, and say I do not read scifi magazines straight through. I zipline to the ones that appeal at any particular moment... <br><br>Then I enjoy digging the others up later. <br>(Hency my post about "who's still kicking around" earlier.<br><br>The only problem ... The message board needs a cumulative folder, at some point no one is going to see new posts with several months going. <br><br>--TaoPhoenix

Critic

Post June 01, 2004, 08:38:39 AM

Indeed, a cross-topic folder, with threads sorted by latest posting time, would be most useful. I have seen this on other boards, so I assume it is possible. That way, people could post comments wherever they are relevant, and only check for new comments in a single spot. Do I make sense?<br><br> - Wishbone<br><br>...<br><br>"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."<br> - Douglas Adams
"Nothing travels faster than light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."
- Douglas Adams

Commenter

Post June 03, 2004, 07:27:14 PM

No comments on the poetry. (As far as I can see) Is that usual?<br><br>Rev. Jackson's work seemed remarkably cheerful in the May issue despite her circumstances.<br>'I’m Hoping This Madness Will Stay' seemed very musical so can anyone suggest a melody to go with it? <br><br>

Editor Emeritus

Post June 05, 2004, 01:18:36 PM

<br><br>I will facetiously declare I am the cause of April's explosion. <br><br>I went on a rampage again today, and every time I do,<br>I spark/provoke/Antagonize everyone into replying at about a 1:6 ratio. <br><br>Maybe I can do it again for successive months. : )<br><br>--TaoPhoenix<br><br>

Return to May 2004