The May issue is now online!

Tell us what you thought about the May 2004 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Senior Editor

Post May 13, 2004, 10:25:29 PM

The May issue is now online!

I'm back, Aphelion is live, the stories are good, there's twice as many poems as usual... What more do you need to know?<br>LOL!<br><br>Dan<br><br>
"Extremely difficult- Virtually impossible- However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..."
Brice Linch - Max Headroom

Commenter

Post May 13, 2004, 11:58:49 PM

Re: The May issue is now online!

I enjoyed the intro blurb to my story The Alien Noir (and intro blurbs aren't easy), there's just one problem--Fisk's first name isn't Alex . . . Alex is a different character with the last name of Miszing. It could confuse the innocent Gentle Reader.

Junior Critic

Post May 14, 2004, 09:25:16 AM

I also liked the blurb for my story, Catch A Falling Star. It sounded good, condensed to its essence like that. Wish I'd thought of it.<br><br>Gareth

Editor Emeritus

Post May 14, 2004, 11:56:13 AM

Flanneltron wrote:<br>"Fisk's first name isn't Alex . . . Alex is a<br>different character with the last name of Miszing. It could confuse the innocent Gentle Reader. "<br><br>The savage editor was confused by the passage where <br>Fisk receives a call from Leon who greets him with:<br>"Alex, you son of a bitch!" Was this a Freudian slip?
Cary Semar

Commenter

Post May 14, 2004, 07:25:07 PM

Great scott! Well there are only 3 possibilities: <br>1. Fisk's first name is Alex, even though that is also Miszing's first name.<br>2. Leon thinks that Fisk's first name is Alex.<br>3. the third option is too horrible to mention....<br><br>I am now humbled, stupefied, shocked, and rolled in bread crumbs.

Senior Editor

Post May 14, 2004, 10:12:43 PM

So I *don't* have to change the blurb?<br><br>Dan<br>
"Extremely difficult- Virtually impossible- However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..."

Commenter

Post May 17, 2004, 12:03:58 AM

It's not really worth the effort. I'm sure it'll still be nominated for the best blurbs in the universe list.

Senior Editor

Post May 19, 2004, 08:24:52 AM

By the way, I did manage to get the book reviews done and online- in case no one had noticed. I also added a link to a JPG of the Starhawk to the bottom of the blurb for the serial by Tony Ragas. <br>Good things seem to happen in bunches, so to celebrate the return (after a long lull) of Mare Inebrium stories I'm pleased to announce that Claude has finally re-written "Trial by Intimacy" well enough that I can't reject it any more. He first submitted it in 1999 and I've rejected it at least once a year since then. I'm going to run it in next month's issue. Now if Wishbone would only finish *his* latest Mare story, LOL!<br><br>Dan<br>

Commenter

Post May 20, 2004, 10:13:55 PM

By the way, I did manage to get the book reviews done and online- in case no one had noticed.
<br><br>Dan,<br><br>You should include a link up top near the "contents" section to that reviews area --- would attract more attention from wanderers. <br><br>Since we're on the subject, how big is your review load? If I sent you a freebie of the Dreamers novelization, do you think you could review it?<br><br>I'm a ham, I know. :-)<br><br>-Christian
http://www.crbonawandt.com/
-------------
Walk without rhythm and it won't attract the worm!

Senior Editor

Post May 21, 2004, 08:35:47 AM

I respectfuly request *all* Aphelion writers send me stuff for review when they get a book out. Not only is it one of the high points of publishing Aphelion, but readers get a kick out of seeing an Aphelion writer get published, and writers can get inspired too. And please do autograph it if possible. That means a lot to me. (and if you get rich and famous, in the event of my demise my family can sell all my books on e-Bay for a king's ransom, LOL!)<br>Dan<br>

Return to May 2004