The March 2017 issue is now live!

Tell us what you thought about the March 2017 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Editor Emeritus

Post March 05, 2017, 05:07:22 PM

The March 2017 issue is now live!

Please read and enjoy our newest Issue.

Long Fiction Editor

Post March 05, 2017, 07:41:35 PM

Re: The March 2017 issue is now live!

Two things (at least) ...

Dan, I will always listen to your video editorials, if only to hear that theme music. That one's got a resonant frequency with the hair on the back of my neck.

Next ... Nate is going to be missed as the Flash editor here, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he creates, because I've seen some of it before, and it is good. In fact, I've selected one of his from the Best Of archives for this month's Long Fiction.

Speaking of which, I see that some of the other editors are being systematic in the way they present their Best Of selections. I, on the other hand, am being more random about it (that's a euphemism for 'slapdash'). I hope that doesn't bother anyone (if anyone even notices), and it makes no difference to the quality; every one of these selections is world-class. Read them and you won't forget them; they're that kind of quality.

Enjoy the riches in this issue, and please comment on the stories and poems. Writers post their work here in hopes of getting feedback, and we shouldn't let them down.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Senior Editor

Post March 05, 2017, 10:56:19 PM

Lester Curtis wrote:Two things (at least) ...

Dan, I will always listen to your video editorials, if only to hear that theme music. That one's got a resonant frequency with the hair on the back of my neck.

Thank you! It's always lovely to hear that a song works the way I intended!

Next ... Nate is going to be missed as the Flash editor here, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he creates, because I've seen some of it before, and it is good. In fact, I've selected one of his from the Best Of archives for this month's Long Fiction.

In my humble opinion, Nate has been one of the best writers to grace Aphelion's pages. While I am sad to lose him as an editor, i am overjoyed that he will be returning to writing!

Speaking of which, I see that some of the other editors are being systematic in the way they present their Best Of selections. I, on the other hand, am being more random about it (that's a euphemism for 'slapdash'). I hope that doesn't bother anyone (if anyone even notices), and it makes no difference to the quality; every one of these selections is world-class. Read them and you won't forget them; they're that kind of quality.

Everyone has their own system. No harm in that!

Enjoy the riches in this issue, and please comment on the stories and poems. Writers post their work here in hopes of getting feedback, and we shouldn't let them down.

Amen!

Dan
"Extremely difficult- Virtually impossible- However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..."
Brice Linch - Max Headroom

Master Critic

Post March 07, 2017, 10:16:57 AM

Love you video editorials. You have a nature and down-to-earth way of explaining things, and with you good-hearted nature, well, who wouldn’t enjoy your editorials.

The intro with the music gives a soft-modern-classical feel to it, and when you come on, it’s more of a resolution to the intro then just a staged appearance. Nice effect! Shows multiple talents balancing themselves in harmony!

Very good job and will be looking forward to your next video editorial.
Tesla Lives!!!

Senior Editor

Post March 07, 2017, 06:13:10 PM

Thank you! I've done a bit of video editing in the past, so I took to this easily. It was a bit like getting back into an old hobby, in a way. I love doing the music as well, so that's a plus. And there aren't any rights issues to worry about because it my own, unlike using movie themes or someone else's prerecorded material. And the software allows me to fade-in and fade-out as I need. I composed the piece as one longer song, then cut it in half for the intro and outro sections with the credits. That slideshow of Aphelion cover art I posted on Facebook a few months ago has the entire thing in one uninterrupted piece.

As for my voice and manner, that's just a lucky accident, LOL! Likely that's why the programming directors at LibertyCon keep putting me on panels, too. What makes me giggle is that no when someone who has watched the videos reads one of my stories, it'll be difficult for them not to hear my voice in their heads as they read, LOL!

Dan

Megawatts wrote:Love you video editorials. You have a nature and down-to-earth way of explaining things, and with you good-hearted nature, well, who wouldn’t enjoy your editorials.

The intro with the music gives a soft-modern-classical feel to it, and when you come on, it’s more of a resolution to the intro then just a staged appearance. Nice effect! Shows multiple talents balancing themselves in harmony!

Very good job and will be looking forward to your next video editorial.
"Extremely difficult- Virtually impossible- However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..."
Brice Linch - Max Headroom

Master Critic

Post March 26, 2017, 03:59:23 PM

HEADS UP you might have a troll. I just received 2 notices on old stuff. When I opened it it was just like the old days, in Russian.

RT

Commenter

Post March 27, 2017, 02:02:27 PM

Not sure if this is related at all, but I received a private message yesterday that looked very suspicious. I just deleted it. Believe it contained a link or a reference to a link. Didn't seem quite right.
Thanks...
Glenn Diamond

Return to March 2017