Post November 18, 2005, 11:59:20 AM

The Sphix from Space by Edward Rodosek

No reviews for this one? Say it ain’t so! :(<br><br>I started reading this story and immediately became distracted by some GSP issues and the flashback sequences. I thought there was too much telling and not enough showing. I wondered if I would have the patience to read this in one sitting.<br><br>And then something bizarre happened. Somehow, inexplicably, I found myself totally immersed in the story.<br><br>I’m not sure when it happened, but everything started clicking. The flashback scenes did not confuse me. I easily empathized with the characters. I could see this settlement and its populace. I liked the ending, although it’s not a clean ending where everything wraps up nicely (that annoys some readers, but I find that to be refreshing).<br><br>I think this story is a draft or two away from being completed. The beginning needs to be tightened. Also, there really shouldn’t be any excuse for GSP issues. This one in particular caused me to laugh:<br>
She looked round in surprise.
<br>I’m not sure what caused her to inflate to such a degree as to make her spherical, although I strongly suspect it might be due to the alien food… :P<br><br>Joking aside, this is a good read. I highly recommend it.<br>
"Even the straight arrow needs a crooked bow."
- Samani

jaimie l. elliott

[b:2o4dvkjg]Check out my website:[/b:2o4dvkjg]
http://www.jaimie.org/