The October issue is now live!

Tell us what you think about the October 2014 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Editor Emeritus

Post October 05, 2014, 10:26:49 AM

The October issue is now live!

Please read and enjoy our latest issue.

Editor at Large

Post October 05, 2014, 11:15:34 AM

Re: The October issue is now live!

Another nice cover!
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Senior Editor

Post October 07, 2014, 08:41:44 PM

Another of our graduate Authors e-mailed me over the weekend with one of the best messages I can ever get. The much celebrated "I made a sale!" message is exactly what I never tire of hearing. Also included was a thank you to the staff & myself for the things she had learned from Aphelion, and a comment on how my editorial for this issue also clarified a few points about writing that she'd not looked at in quite that way before.

I know we have an entire thread here in the forums about our writers making sales. Getting a personal e-mail from one of you about your successes really makes my day brighter. This is why Aphelion exists- so that our writers can eventually graduate to the pros. Any help we've given along the way, you are quite welcome to have. But never forget the help you give each other by way of your comments and critiques on the Forums. Every victory is a team effort.

Thank you!
"Extremely difficult- Virtually impossible- However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..."
Brice Linch - Max Headroom

Editor at Large

Post October 07, 2014, 09:01:38 PM

First: Yeah, Bravo!
Second: Who is it and what is the work so we can all support one of our own?
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Senior Editor

Post October 07, 2014, 11:58:33 PM

Karen B. Kaplan, of offbeatcompassion.com She says that her current book is not SF&F, but her next scheduled book is.
"Extremely difficult- Virtually impossible- However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..."
Brice Linch - Max Headroom

Return to October 2014