Singularity by Botond Teklesz

Tell us what you think about the August 2014 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Editor at Large

Post August 05, 2014, 08:45:42 PM

Singularity by Botond Teklesz

I am never quite sure if sometimes your pieces confuse me because you are writing in a second language or because they always seem a bit Kafka-esque. I always look at your stuff first when I see it posted and I never comment till I read it several times. You have a perspective that is definitely your own. I guess the acid test is I always read your stuff and you keep me wondering what you will do next. Because you always do flash I am always willing to take a chance on a short read even though your work is a bit surreal most times. You definitely have your niche Botond. Kudos again this month on being featured.
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Long Fiction Editor

Post August 31, 2014, 02:25:59 AM

Re: Singularity by Botond Teklesz

I saw what seems to be an inconsistency: in paragraph 2, Koepke decides to smoke some weed, but in paragraph 3, it's heroin. If he did both (which would be understandable), you failed to say so.

I like the job you did describing his mental state once all the alcohol and drugs kicked in. Then some friendly alien tries to say hello and gets a dial tone. Maybe one day we'll get to hear some of the jokes they tell about us.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Return to August 2014