The Ocean of All Her Children by Edward J. Santella

Tell us what you think about the May 2014 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Editor at Large

Post May 05, 2014, 02:28:14 PM

The Ocean of All Her Children by Edward J. Santella

I am not sure why this is up two months in a row, but it is deserving of the extra display time IMHO. Congrats again!
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Editor Emeritus

Post May 05, 2014, 07:20:44 PM

Re: The Ocean of All Her Children by Edward J. Santella

I suspect that people sometimes forget that "serials" also includes stories that are longer than 7500 words---including stories that are 8000 or 8500 words. I think we should rename it "long fiction and serials" myself. Otherwise, people looking for a stand alone may not bother ckecking it out.

Obviously, I liked the story, because I included it in Aphelion two months in a row.

Editor at Large

Post May 05, 2014, 07:30:19 PM

Re: The Ocean of All Her Children by Edward J. Santella

No worries here. Once I am done that which I haven't seen yet I plan to re-read this. I really do love this piece. The Sumerian mythology is awesome and Mr. Santella is an awesome writer.
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Return to May 2014