Interrupted by Jon Michael Galindo

Tell us what you think about the April 2014 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Senior Critic

Post April 07, 2014, 07:53:52 PM

Interrupted by Jon Michael Galindo

In the beginning there was cave art. Next, papyrus and clay tablets, followed by Moses and the Ten Commandments. Along came pulp paper, the printing press, books and newsprint. Now the computer age, Kindle and Nook, Blackberry and iPhones. We are half way to Daniel Salad's world. I suspect the next step will be a wired skullcap feeding information directly to our cerebral cortical frontal lobes. I'll keep a stockpile of hardcover editions to remind me how rewarding and comforting it is to READ the next Nelson Demille or John Sandford BOOK.

gino

Commenter

Post April 08, 2014, 05:22:44 PM

Re: Interrupted by Jon Michael Galindo

Neo needs to have an accident involving a hammer. The camera peering creeped me out! Such a cool story.

Editor at Large

Post April 08, 2014, 07:54:23 PM

"Dan, what are you doing with that hammer Dan?"
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Long Fiction Editor

Post April 18, 2014, 11:56:59 PM

Excellent job. Mildly reminiscent of Fahrenheit 451 and possibly other classics I can't name.

I didn't find Neo to be very creepy; what bothered me was that the machines don't let a person's thoughts alone for a single minute. Maybe what's even more creepy are the hints that this society's electronic infrastructure is falling apart, and what that could mean for the citizens.

I hope we see more from Mr. Galindo.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Return to April 2014