Alien G. Robinson by Patrick Hemstreet

Tell us what you think about the March 2014 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Editor at Large

Post March 11, 2014, 09:34:30 AM

Alien G. Robinson by Patrick Hemstreet

I read this and liked it. I re-read it and liked it more. I liked the second half more than the first half. I am not sure if the bad guy alien trying usurp the other bad guy aliens was the right choice. Couldn't that rogue actually have been trying to stop his peers and have been pro-human? That would have been a good twist after that long kidnapping sequence.
Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. – Neil Gaiman

Long Fiction Editor

Post March 17, 2014, 12:23:25 AM

Re: Alien G. Robinson by Patrick Hemstreet

A good deal of this was really funny, but I thought it went on for too long.

Really off-center stuff, very unusual, and that's what I liked best about it. Cammy kicks ass.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Master Critic

Post March 19, 2014, 02:28:30 PM

Interesting story, and I’m sure Edward G. Robinson would have a comment or two about Cammy. Something like “Okay, Kid, you showed me your stuff-- now I show you mine, Bang, Bang, Bang.” Edward G. Robinson is one of my favorite actors, and his last role was in the movie Soylent Green staring Charlton Heston.

Space aliens studying our culture might interpret us from our communication systems: Television Broadcasting would be a complete process in hearing, viewing, and observing our culture especially from movies, old and new. And if that is the case, we will never be invaded if the aliens watched the Rambo movies!

Nice intro, interesting enough to capture one’s attention, and the first paragraph also started to mold Cammy to us by show and not tell. Good. And the following dialogue also holds our attention while showing more about Cammy and getting us in her head a little. Further development turns our interest into curiosity. And the story follows an intricate web of action and deception.

I loved how President Obama’s speech was captured! Nice.

Good job!
Last edited by Megawatts on March 20, 2014, 06:25:44 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Lives!!!

Master Critic

Post March 19, 2014, 04:21:10 PM

Megawatts wrote:Interesting story, and I’m sure Edward G. Robinson would have a comment or two about Cammy. Something like “Okay, Kid, you showed me your stuff-- now I show you mine, Bang, Bang, Bang.” Edward G. Robinson is one of my favorite actors, and his last role was in the movie Soylent Green staring Charlton Heston.

He also played opposite Charlton Heston in "The Ten Commandments". After Moses parted the Red Sea, I think his exact words were, "Okay Deliverer, you showed me your stuff-- now I show you mine, Bang, Bang, Bang.

He was so versatile!

Master Critic

Post March 20, 2014, 06:28:49 AM

Mark, I always get a bang outa ya!!!
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to March 2014