March Post Metrics

Tell us what you thought about the March 2013 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Archive Editor

Post April 16, 2013, 05:43:26 AM

March Post Metrics

Okay, here we go! Stats from Tues 4-16-2013 7AM before I get cruising replying to stuff.

Short Stories:
Raw Posts: 29
Net Posts: 22

Long Stories:
Raw Posts: 1
Net Posts: 0

Poems:
Raw Posts: 22
Net Posts: 16

Features/Editorial
Raw Posts: 3
Net Posts: 2

Archive Editor

Post April 16, 2013, 08:54:01 AM

Re: March Post Metrics

And now After:
About 9AM, after a grand slam minus poetry:

Short Stories:
Raw Posts: 35
Net Posts: 28

Long Stories:
Raw Posts: 2
Net Posts: 1

Poems: (left as is)
Raw Posts: 22
Net Posts: 16

So I'll let that go floating for today and see what begins to shake loose after the anticipated "oh dear gawd" reaction! See you on the flip side!

Features/Editorial
Raw Posts: 6
Net Posts: 4

Poetry Editor

Post April 16, 2013, 06:36:15 PM

I do not follow you. Can you explain the difference between "Raw" and "net" in your stats, please?

Later - OK, have now found your other thread. To be clear:
"Raw" includes off topic and low content posts
"net" is on-topic posts
Am I correct?
KNEEL before Zod!

Archive Editor

Post April 16, 2013, 08:15:43 PM

Wormtongue wrote:I do not follow you. Can you explain the difference between "Raw" and "net" in your stats, please?

Later - OK, have now found your other thread. To be clear:
"Raw" includes off topic and low content posts
"net" is on-topic posts
Am I correct?

Very close, except that part of it was a royal botch! Well, I resolved to quit slacking and Do Something, but I goofed! I had two concepts floating around in my head and managed to mash the equation backwards! :(

It was supposed to connect the dots of the obvious. (That's what I get for typing 6 hours straight bleh!) What was supposed to happen was if for example at the top level of the board, for example March was 117 posts, that looks all dandy, up until you then go to the next level and discover that almost 30 of them were taken up by Administrative Commentary, not the least of which are my yammering! But also once the yammering is done, a huge number of those posts are in fact the thread opener posts I promoted a few months back as a first step to the then-as-yet-undefined plan. Those are the ones I wanted to get rid of, so that we then get a crispy number of actual story comments. And yes, I'll even take the off topic ones, though I'll be slightly sad if we get over 100 of them too far off base in one story! :shock:

So heh - lemme get some sleep for a couple days then I'll re-do the sheet and the post.

But that's the basic idea, taking the obvious and looking for a way to congratulate ourselves when clear growth shows up. I'll take any little green shoot out of the ground! :)

Return to March 2013