The Chrononaut by J. Davidson Hero (poem)

Tell us what you thought about the March 2013 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Long Fiction Editor

Post March 20, 2013, 06:30:35 PM

The Chrononaut by J. Davidson Hero (poem)

thread opener
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Master Critic

Post April 06, 2013, 03:09:23 AM

Re: The Chrononaut by J. Davidson Hero (poem)

To me, John's poem seems like a comparison of the age of Renaissance to our technological age, asking the question, which is more creative.

If this is so, I would say the former age, because too much of life is made easy for us by technology, so we do not suffer like in days of old.

Without testing our limits through hardships, we have less to aspire to.

Really nice job!

Editor Emeritus

Post April 11, 2013, 05:10:17 PM

Mark,

Thank you for reading my poem and sharing your thoughts about it. I very much appreciate it. One of the things I was mulling around in this poem is how as humans we tend to think we are at the pinnacle of human achievement and often look down on what has come before us. I think there's a couple of other themes running through this poem though and I like your interpretation as well. As a writer I think it's fascinating to hear how someone else interprets something I've written (which doesn't happen all that often.) It's not just about whether someone thinks something I've written is good or not, but what the writing made them think about (if anything) while they were reading it. Thanks again my friend.

John

Master Critic

Post April 11, 2013, 10:12:08 PM

davidsonhero wrote:Mark,

Thank you for reading my poem and sharing your thoughts about it. I very much appreciate it. One of the things I was mulling around in this poem is how as humans we tend to think we are at the pinnacle of human achievement and often look down on what has come before us. I think there's a couple of other themes running through this poem though and I like your interpretation as well. As a writer I think it's fascinating to hear how someone else interprets something I've written (which doesn't happen all that often.) It's not just about whether someone thinks something I've written is good or not, but what the writing made them think about (if anything) while they were reading it. Thanks again my friend.

John

You're more talented than you realize John and the only way you will know it, is to churn out one piece of literature at a time. Doesn't matter what - doesn't matter how good you ultimate think it is - the hidden talent will make it's way out and then you will master it!

Get back into the flash challenges. There's one at present right up your alley. Produce poetry for Iain and write others for yourself. Post in Strengthening Poetic Muscle in Fun and Games. That's why it is there.

Very definitely your friend,

Mark

Master Critic

Post April 11, 2013, 10:32:59 PM

John,

Here is a catalyst poem I wrote to initiate back and forth poetry responses.

Another Messianic Deliverer - In 30 Minutes or Less
By Mark Edgemon

The complicated world of someone so close to you,
So in tune to you and yet, out of step...out of time.
Mismatch , misstep and missed opportunities abound,
Fall flat; deflated, depressed, another day devoured.
Messiah complex; oh, not really. Presents of frankincense and myrrh,
Substituted for Shakira perfume and aromatic plug ins. Godly treasures.

The End

Return to March 2013