Blank reviews - a note for story authors

Tell us what you thought about the December 2012 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Editor Emeritus

Post December 21, 2012, 06:54:14 AM

Blank reviews - a note for story authors

Authors, don't panic. TaoPhoenix's blank reviews are not meant to be disparaging -- they're meant to draw more comments by reminding people that your story exists. Tao himself will probably add a post with some useful observations later, and we hope he is not alone. Authors are encouraged to reply to comments, too.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Editor Emeritus

Post December 21, 2012, 10:52:41 AM

Re: Blank reviews - a note for story authors

Robert_Moriyama wrote:Authors, don't panic. TaoPhoenix's blank reviews are not meant to be disparaging -- they're meant to draw more comments by reminding people that your story exists. Tao himself will probably add a post with some useful observations later, and we hope he is not alone. Authors are encouraged to reply to comments, too.

And here I am! I wrote a fairly long reply about the story "Modification Program". I at first edited my initial blank post, but then I discovered it could be missed among all the other "no replies". So then I replied to myself, so that the "1 reply" stands out more.

Robert, I'm happy to use a stock phrase like "topic header to begin the story thread" if that makes my intent clearer.

Return to December 2012