A Single Kiss, by Tina Anton

Tell us what you thought about the June 2012 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Commenter

Post June 22, 2012, 04:03:40 PM

A Single Kiss, by Tina Anton

http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/shorts/2012/06/ASingleKiss.html

This story feels like an intense scene from a longer work. It could be the beginning of Jetta's quest as she leads her army of demons against the true villains. Or it could be the climax of Jetta's struggle for personal liberation.

Short but sweet, it left me wanting more. :o

Long Fiction Editor

Post June 28, 2012, 02:30:03 PM

Re: A Single Kiss, by Tina Anton

This writer seems to have very good talent at setting, and the dialog is good too. Nice narrative style. Too bad the story seems to lack a plot or any developed character motivation. The gun raises other unanswered questions. This story also seemed to lose energy toward the end.

I'm with Zorro on this one: where's the rest of it? We're given a scene in present time whose past and future raise strong curiosity. I'd like some satisfaction.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Commenter

Post April 21, 2014, 06:13:05 PM

Re: A Single Kiss, by Tina Anton

Hello. :). I'm glad that you enjoyed reading my writing. At the time that I wrote "A Single Kiss", I was just dipping my toe in the water. I had an idea for a longer story, but wasn't sure if it was worth pursuing, so I wrote the opener (the short story you've read) and waited to see if it would be accepted. Since then I've fleshed out the story and written several chapters. I love the demons so much. <3. They've been awesome characters to interact with. :). In the future, I hope to have another section of the story published on Aphelion that gives greater depth to the characters and their motivations.

Return to June 2012